Turn Off Ads?
Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1235

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Wait is someone really claiming the front office is incompetent? I don't see any available moves today.
    I've yet to see someone say that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

MLB Network "Nothing, absolutely nothing is happening. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEBODY TRADE FOR BUD NORRIS!"

This second wildcard spot sucks.

Wait is someone really claiming the front office is incompetent? I don't see any available moves today.
    I can think of a couple of moves that would make the team better, it just depends on what they cost. Byrd, DeJesus, and Young all would make the offense better. If they don't cost much it would improve the team in the short run and add depth as the season goes along.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Im disappointed just the same either way, whether its game 162 or 170. Someone else is still playing and my favorite team isn't!!!
    I've had a taste of the playoff atmosphere the past couple years here, it's incredible... it's a football game level of intensity during a baseball game. So while losing in the postseason stinks, I love when we just get there because those games are incredible to be at!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I've yet to see someone say that.
    So constantly mocking Walt and accusing the front office of sleeping isn't anything at all like saying they are incompetent.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    So constantly mocking Walt and accusing the front office of sleeping isn't anything at all like saying they are incompetent.
    Yep. It hasn't been said in exactly those words, but it's been implied several times by several people, some of which came very, very close to saying it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    How is that disappointment any different than losing in the first round? To be honest, given the sting of last season, I don't think losing a one-game playoff is any worse.
    See my post about the excitement of a playoff series and attending playoff games. I do agree with you though, what I wanted to see this year is the NLCS and losing in the division series would be disappointing. But still better than no home playoff games.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

You know what this team needs?

Heart.

Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

11. Likes:

bucksfan2 (07-31-2013),Edd Roush (07-31-2013),Gapper (07-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Breaking news: Walt Jocketty has been asleep since 8:30 pm. He spent the evening in the park feeding ducks.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    If Jocketty is relying on 35 year old Ryan Ludwick and his bum shoulder to save this offense, then the Reds have more problems beyond the field that extend into the front office.
    The Brockton and Phillips signings were way worse than him possibly doing nothing today. I have serious worries about how things look moving forward.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    MLB Network "Nothing, absolutely nothing is happening. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEBODY TRADE FOR BUD NORRIS!"

This second wildcard spot sucks.
    I don't think it's even much about the second wildcard spot. That really doesn't make a big difference.

I think it has more to do with the new rules in place with regard to free agent compensation as well as a dry market with who's available, and overall production being down around baseball.

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Kennedy to the Padres for Thatcher & Stites
    Last edited by OneManBand; 07-31-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    How would Jake Peavy really have helped? The Reds, at this point, are almost certainly going to make the playoffs and almost certainly not going to win the division. Therefore, we should only care about bringing aboard a player that can positively affect those playoff games. I just don't see anyone out there fitting that bill (leaving aside how little any one particular player affects any one particular baseball game).
    Boy, I'm just not sure how to respond to this.

The question I answered was "Has anybody been moved yet that would be an upgrade for the Reds?"

As I detailed, putting Peavy into the rotation puts Cingrani into the lefty out of the pen role. I'll take that team and you can have Manny Para as your lefty.

I don't think Para is worthless.
    I didn't say a word about the cost of Jake Peavy because that wasn't the question.

I think it's a better team with Cingrani as the bullpen's lefty than Para. Upgrading around the edges counts too.

The 1990 team didn't need Billy Doran, but they were a better team with him on the roster.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    quoted me about walt at the park feeding ducks
    Mine was a simple joke, good lord people are sensitive.

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Apparently we asked about Byrd..

I'm not sure if I want the Reds to go out spending to acquire another bat or not. I feel like a single bat isn't going to make a huge difference in this team, so we're just as likely to go on a run with the guys we have now.

It's weird, but I'd honestly prefer these scenarios, in order:

1) Reds win WS
    2) Reds win NLCS, lose in WS
    3) Reds miss playoffs altogether, fire Dusty Baker
    4) Reds lose in the NLCS, retain Dusty Baker
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

20. Likes:

OneManBand (07-31-2013)

Turn Off Ads?