Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Golfers of RedsZone (aka War Stories from the Rough)

Re: Golfers of RedsZone (aka War Stories from the Rough)

Shot even par 35 on the back 9 today. First time I've ever been even for 9. Sunk a 15 footer that just barely snuck in on #18. Just glad I had a witness.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I've used that one. It's pretty good but I'd suggest trying the PGA Tour Caddie app. It loads faster and the hole previews are great. It gives you a fly by view similar to what you get on TV.
    I've used Golf Logix on my iPhone this season and found it to be very accurate (and very free.) The only problem is how quickly the battery drains due to the GPS working overtime.

I've started putting the phone on standby in between shots. Really, you only need the yardage on approach shots (or layups on par 5s), so I've been able to preserve battery life by not keeping it running the entire round.

I'm interested to try the PGA Tour Caddie app. Is it free, too? Or is it like Golf Logix with a basic free version, and then an upgraded version for a fee?
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Shot even par 35 on the back 9 today. First time I've ever been even for 9. Sunk a 15 footer that just barely snuck in on #18. Just glad I had a witness.
    Excellent - on which course did this dandy nine occur?
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    I've used Golf Logix on my iPhone this season and found it to be very accurate (and very free.) The only problem is how quickly the battery drains due to the GPS working overtime.

I've started putting the phone on standby in between shots. Really, you only need the yardage on approach shots (or layups on par 5s), so I've been able to preserve battery life by not keeping it running the entire round.

I'm interested to try the PGA Tour Caddie app. Is it free, too? Or is it like Golf Logix with a basic free version, and then an upgraded version for a fee?
    I'm almost 100% sure it was free. I don't remember paying for it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    Excellent - on which course did this dandy nine occur?
    Fleming Island Golf Club in the Jacksonville area. 2 birdies, 2 bogeys.

I've finally began practicing again recently and have played a few times. Something just clicked with my swing the last few holes of the front. I hardly missed a shot, but did get a couple of lucky breaks. I was mostly lucky the 18th there is a par 5.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

That must be crazy. Next time I play I'm just gonna quit when I get to 56 to see what it feels like. Plus it'll be nice not to have to play those last 7 or 8 holes.

9. Likes:

TSJ55 (07-24-2013)

I've never played this course but I've got to now.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Broke 90 for the 1st time today. Shot 46-42 @Pleasant Run. What feels really good is I didn't feel like I was playing out of my mind. I still left some shots out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

12. Likes:

Razor Shines (08-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Broke 90 for the 1st time today. Shot 46-42 @Pleasant Run. What feels really good is I didn't feel like I was playing out of my mind. I still left some shots out there.
    Nice. Is it still in decent shape? I grew up playing there, it's a fun course.

And it is always a good feeling to shoot a good score and realize "you know? I really didn't anything I can't repeat"

That's awesome. I remember breaking 90 for the first time. Now that you've broken through, you'll probably start doing it on a regular basis.

Is Pleasant Run the same as Fairfield? I think I recall that course being called Pleasant Run when I was young, but it became Fairfield golf course at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    That's awesome. I remember breaking 90 for the first time. Now that you've broken through, you'll probably start doing it on a regular basis.

Is Pleasant Run the same as Fairfield? I think I recall that course being called Pleasant Run, when I was young, but it became Fairfield golf course at some point.
    No, this one's in Indianapolis.

Oh and thanks. It's been a long time coming.
    Last edited by Hoosier Red; 08-08-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Nice. Is it still in decent shape? I grew up playing there, it's a fun course.

And it is always a good feeling to shoot a good score and realize "you know? I really didn't anything I can't repeat"
    It's in pretty decent shape. It has a lot of things going for it, after 6, it's just $19/with cart. And my friend and I know we can finish a round before dark if we start right at 6.

The course probably sets up well to my game because with the elevation changes, it doesn't put me at a disadvantage when I tee off with a 3 iron on almost every hole.

17. Likes:

Razor Shines (08-09-2013)

It's in pretty decent shape. It has a lot of things going for it, after 6, it's just $19/with cart. And my friend and I know we can finish a round before dark if we start right at 6.

The course probably sets up well to my game because with the elevation changes, it doesn't put me at a disadvantage when I tee off with a 3 iron on almost every hole.
    I need to play there next time I'm back home.

Yeah, I think on par 5 18 teeing off way up on that hill you can probably play 3i, 3i and have a fairly short pitch to the green. I would usually hit driver and end up way up in that hill to the right.

I need to play there next time I'm back home.

Yeah, I think on par 5 18 teeing off way up on that hill you can probably play 3i, 3i and have a fairly short pitch to the green. I would usually hit driver and end up way up in that hill to the right.
    Yep. Same on #9, where you go over the drive way from an elevated tee box. I hit a 3 iron, then have about 100 yards to the green.

Turn Off Ads?