Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 3 games, then the most important game

3 games, then the most important game

So barring a sweep by the Pirates (and the Cubs) it looks like we'll be facing the Pirates in the WC game. Taking two this weekend will give home field advantage for that most important single WC game.

Who else is going to be glued to the TV watching these games? I can't believe it has come down to this. Also, I'm hoping that I get to use some of my post-season tickets!

We have Sunday tickets. If either team takes the first two games, who do you give the day off on Sunday? Do you just let all of your crucial guys rest for the important game?
    Reds record for games attended in 2014: 11-3

Most memorable game attended this season:
    Cueto out-pitching Dickey with a 19 pitch/3 strikeout 9th inning by Chapman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3 games, then the most important game

i am going Saturday. I hope the team comes fired up.. Not relaxing like the games are no big deal.. they finished .500 on the road.. WAY better at home.. A home game play in is what I want the players fired up for..

I've been hoping for that 1 game playoff in Cincy, but.......

if it is, that means the Reds will have to take 3 of 4 (or all 4) in Cincy.

if not we could lose all three at home, win one on the road and everything is still all good.

a split could be good or bad news.

MLB should just go ahead and add an extra game to this series and make it best of 5 and forget the one game thing.

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post

if not we could lose all three at home, win one on the road and everything is still all good.

MLB should just go ahead and add an extra game to this series and make it best of 5 and forget the one game thing.
    This obviously won't happen, but I suspect it would make a lot of Pirates and Reds fans happy. That said, as many have noted here, the randomness of a one game WC is part of the 'fun and excitement' they're trying to inject into the game. I hate being in it, but I have to admit that watching the Cards face sudden death in a one game playoff would be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post

So, after losing game 1, do we like the team's chances better if they lose tomorrow as opposed to having to win 3 in a row at GABP?

I'm kinda hoping for a split now.

Well, what are the chances they take 4 in a row from us? Here's hoping we can field a real team on Tuesday...

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&Bourbon View Post
    Well, what are the chances they take 4 in a row from us? Here's hoping we can field a real team on Tuesday...
    What are the chances for a sweep in the world series?

I think the biggest determination will be whether or not Cueto can keep the ball in the park (duh Capt Obvious right?).... Pirates seem to live and die on long ball.

Liriano is tough.. but if the Reds can grind out the singles and doubles he can be overcome. I've got no aspirations that this will be a homerun derby, although I'll take it if it's in the Red's favor.

Turn Off Ads?