Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two postseason games only available on MLB Network

Two postseason games only available on MLB Network

Today's Tigers/A's game is only available on MLB Network. The station will carry another exclusive game on Wednesday, October 10th.

Remember when you needed only basic cable to watch the baseball playoffs?

If I want to see either game, I have to up my cable package, which I'd prefer not to do.

Call the Commissioner's Office to protest "pay-to-watch" playoff games on MLB Network - 212-931-7800.
    Last edited by realreds1; 10-07-2012 at 09:29 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Two postseason games only available on MLB Network

Not that I agree with having to up your package to watch postseason baseball but I will say its worth it over the course of an entire season. MLB Network is pretty damn good, especially if your a huge baseball fan. Baseball 24 hours a day!

MLB Network is awesome. I watch it constantly. Their announcing crews are much much better than what TBS and especially Fox have. I wouldnt mind if every playoff game was on MLBN...although I would prefer them all being on FSNOH.

Any upgrade in a package is worth it if you get MLB Network. That channel rocks.

Big agree on MLB Network. We get it through our satellite provider so less of a singular upgrade decision that way. Tangent but I'll never do cable again. Satellite or fiber. MLB.TV is an even better deal if you travel. Amazing return on investment with nearly all games available all the time with PIP, split screen, boxes, highlights. Only downside there is no postseason but, if you're a baseball fan, I can't imagine the argument to not get it. if you care about only one home market team and don't want to watch any others maybe.

I love MLB Network. It is the baseball equivalent to NFL Red Zone for football, for anyone who has that channel.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

I watch MLBN three times as much as I watch ESPN Sportscenter.

MLB Network is tremendous

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    I cannot quantify my ratio as it is mathematically impossible to divide by zero.

I know it's cliched to pounce all over ESPN & Sportscenter, but it's no longer just hyperbole. Their routine is stale and the personalities have no originality. I truthfully don't enjoy ESPN programming anymore and tune into the station only to watch live events. I remember how excited I used to get to watch Baseball Tonight - but now I haven't watched it in two seasons thanks to MLB Network.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

The NFL Network has been running games on Thursday for years despite the howls of protest from Time Warner Cable subscribers who couldn't watch the games? Why? Because the end goal was to get their network on all cable and satellite providers - as part of the regular rotation rather than as a premium channel.

I would imagine that the MLB network would like to see the same thing. And one way to exert pressure is to host some percentage of games that fans really want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    10 times as much for me.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Although most of us have the luxury and are priveleged to be able to afford/have MLB network, I agree with the OP about the inconvenience. Football is a few steps ahead, but if you want to watch football on Thursdays (which a game happens every week now) you have to pay for it or go to a bar to watch it. Monday night football moved from ABC to ESPN not too long ago, and even then there were some people who lost that privelege to watch the games.

It's a slippery slope which is what I've noticed.

It's all about $$$ these days, because the execs know that people will pay to watch their teams. Just ask Mike Brown...

I remember when you didn't need cable at all to watch. They would adjust the schedule so every game was on FOX.

Of course you had to suffer through Tim McCarver, so cable's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    I remember when you didn't need cable at all to watch. They would adjust the schedule so every game was on FOX.

Of course you had to suffer through Tim McCarver, so cable's worth it.

Yeah, but it also look like 47 days to get through the first round of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    Although most of us have the luxury and are priveleged to be able to afford/have MLB network, I agree with the OP about the inconvenience. Football is a few steps ahead, but if you want to watch football on Thursdays (which a game happens every week now) you have to pay for it or go to a bar to watch it. Monday night football moved from ABC to ESPN not too long ago, and even then there were some people who lost that privelege to watch the games.

It's a slippery slope which is what I've noticed.

It's all about $$$ these days, because the execs know that people will pay to watch their teams. Just ask Mike Brown...
    That is my point exactly. I am not denying the quality of the MLB Network. Instead, I am watching the prices to watch professional sports soar on every front, and I think more people should take notice and speak up about it.

Ticket prices are getting more and more expensive. Playoff games are now going to channels that require additional services and fees. Where does that leave the common person?

Oh yeah, and get off my lawn.

Turn Off Ads?