Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Serious question, are the Reds' current 7-20 prospects worth much of anything?
    No. That's why I'd be happy to move them in a trade
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Bourjos is riding a .404 BABIP in limited action to drive that OPS. No way I even discuss a top starter for him.
    Me neither, but there is no reason for them to deal him unless overwhelmed. Not going to get him for prospects. They need starting pitching. The won't want a free agent like Arroyo. I'd imagine the others could all start a conversation, though I'd think they'd view Homer as a rental.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'd like to see a bullpen arm added, a guy like Mike Dunn maybe.

I'd also keep pestering Milwaukee about Aoki with the hope that I might be able to lay the groundwork for an offseason deal if I can't get him this year.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

5. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-23-2013),mth123 (07-23-2013),Tom Servo (07-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan View Post
    I'd like to see a bullpen arm added, a guy like Mike Dunn maybe.

I'd also keep pestering Milwaukee about Aoki with the hope that I might be able to lay the groundwork for an offseason deal if I can't get him this year.
    I'd LOVE to get Aoki. IIRC he does have a clause in his contract which could allow him to elect free agency after this (maybe next) season. It could be an expensive rental.

-Matt

K-Rod to the Orioles for Nick Delmonico. Kind of deal the Reds should make.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

8. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Did he play it well though?
    I thought he did all right out there. To me, he looked like a corner OF, not a 1B playing LF.

But I only saw him for three games.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

10. Likes:

RedEye (07-23-2013)

Did I hear Walt say they have 2 or 3 players they're looking at but no real good chances because they're not available for a good price yet?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Chris Heston Becomes A Free Agent

By Jeff Todd [July 23 at 10:07pm CST]

July 23: The Giants have released Heston, MLB Daily Dish's Chris Cotillo reports (Twitter link).

July 13: In a move designed to clear 40-man roster space for recently-signed outfielder Jeff Francoeur, the Giants have designated minor leaguer Chris Heston for assignment, tweets Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle. The 25-year-old Heston, a right-handed starter, has yet to see big league action.

Heston checked in at 17th among Giants prospects on Baseball America's pre-season ranking after a strong showing in Double-A last year, where he posted a 2.24 ERA over 148 2/3 innings and clocked 8.2 K/9 versus 2.4 BB/9. He was added to the 40-man over the off-season to protect him from the Rule 5 draft. Known as a "groundball machine" (per Baseball America), Heston has thrived as a pitchmaker in spite of his far-from-overpowering stuff.

In his first stint at the Triple-A level, however, Heston has struggled to a 5.80 ERA over 108 2/3 innings. His strikeout ratio is right on par with his career norms at 8.0 K/9, but his walks are up and he has allowed many more long balls than in past seasons. (Heston posted 2.4 BB/9 last year to go with a paltry -- and surely unsustainable -- .1 HR/9. This season, he stands a 3.8 BB/9 and has allowed 1.2 HR/9.)

Per MLBTR:

Jake Peavy and Jesse Crain are drawing a lot of interest and scouts from the Diamondbacks, Reds, Braves, Red Sox and Dodgers are expected to be in Chicago through the end of the week to watch one or both men pitch. Peavy just recently returned from a DL stint while Crain is currently on the DL with a sprained right shoulder but could be activated by Sunday.
    Hard to believe the Reds would be in on Peavy, but Crain seems like a reasonable target for Walt this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Per MLBTR:

Hard to believe the Reds would be in on Peavy, but Crain seems like a reasonable target for Walt this year.
    I wouldn't mind Crain.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Did I hear Walt say they have 2 or 3 players they're looking at but no real good chances because they're not available for a good price yet?
    Yes, he said he was looking at a few players but they weren't available yet. He didn't say anything about the price so I guess it's players from teams on the bubble, and are waiting to be either buyers or sellers.

16. Likes:

mdccclxix (07-24-2013)

Imagine being able to go Cueto, Latos, Peavy, Bailey in a short series though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Well, Walt has proven that he isn't predictable. You never know...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Man........the disrespect to our SP ERA leader........no Leake?

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Man........the disrespect to our SP ERA leader........no Leake?
    He can hop in when Cueto goes down with a lat pull.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?