Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Men's Basketball thread

Re: NCAA Men's Basketball thread

I'm loving OJ Mayo. Through four games he has scored 32 points, 16 points, 29 points, and 20 points. I think he, along with another very talented freshman named Davon Jefferson and sophomores Taj Gibson and Daniel Hackett could lead SC to an elite eight appearance this year after reaching the sweet 16 last year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm loving OJ Mayo. Through four games he has scored 32 points, 16 points, 29 points, and 20 points. I think he, along with another very talented freshman named Davon Jefferson and sophomores Taj Gibson and Daniel Hackett could lead SC to an elite eight appearance this year after reaching the sweet 16 last year.
    OJ and the Trojans are going to have their hands full with Miami University tonight. Should be a good matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    OJ and the Trojans are going to have their hands full with Miami University tonight. Should be a good matchup.
    SC narrowly escaped with a 57-53 victory. Mayo scored 21 points...Miami played a heckuva game.

at halftime xavier is beating #9 Indiana by 11! go muskies!
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Wow! X romps #8 Indiana 80-65!

I'm not X fan by nature, but that's huge!

Will this put them in the rankings? I would think so...
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 11-24-2007 at 11:09 PM.

I would seriously doubt that they're ranked, with the loss to Miami and no other wins of note. Doesn't really matter, the polls in basketball are meaningless, so just take care of business in the A-10 (which they should) and all will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Got to see the Buckeyes play for the first time. I think they are going to make some noise yet again. They simply dominated Syracuse in MSG. Very impressive game. Jamar Butler is good. Kosta Kofous is a very athletic 7 footer and Othello Hunter is a man inside. Of course, with the youth, you may not even recognize them if you watch them play A&M Friday.
    Ohio St. and Syracuse are my two favorites, so it stunk that they played each other, but it was good to see them in action. I wasn't surprised at all to see OSU win that one. Syracuse is very athletic and has a lot of raw talent, but they're too undisciplined yet. They turn the ball over way too much, and you can tell the kids haven't fully grasped the zone yet, especially on the wings. They keep running out of position to try and double team, and leave huge gaps which get filled for easy looks at three point shots. As they develop they have a chance to become a really scary team in March. If they don't develop they have a chance to become a train wreck. There's enough talent though that I'd expect them to put it together. Ohio St. is a much more fundamentally sound team, and while their ceiling is a little lower they're more likely to reach it. Just don't ask me to explain the Texas A&M debacle, that was just one of those days.

Well IU's clearly not as good as I was hoping they would be. I was looking forward for them to be tested by a good team, but apparently it doesn't even take a good team to test (or destroy) the Hoosiers. One of the worst defensive performances I've seen in a while.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well IU's clearly not as good as I was hoping they would be. I was looking forward for them to be tested by a good team, but apparently it doesn't even take a good team to test (or destroy) the Hoosiers.
    That's just silly. Xavier is a very good, and (probably more importantly in November) very experienced team.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    That's just silly. Xavier is a very good, and (probably more importantly in November) very experienced team.
    They're not a bad team, but they're not a top 10 or even top 15 team. My point was that if IU is going to really compete this year they shouldn't be getting beat by teams like Xavier.

I realize that in the broader outlook Xavier is a good team, but not the kind of good team I was talking about and at this point I wouldn't put IU in that category either.

One of the worst defensive performances I've seen in a while.
    Not a stellar shooting permormance either. Lots of bricks in that game. None of Bassett, Crawford, or Gordon could hit the broad side of a barn Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Not a stellar shooting permormance either. Lots of bricks in that game. None of Bassett, Crawford, or Gordon could hit the broad side of a barn Saturday night.
    True. Live by the three die by the three, but I still think that if they'd played some decent defense they could have won the game.

True. Live by the three die by the three, but I still think that if they'd played some decent defense they could have won the game.
    It wasn't just three's though. There were numerous drives to the basket where poor shots were taken and missed as well. I do agree with your point on the defense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I would seriously doubt that they're ranked, with the loss to Miami and no other wins of note. Doesn't really matter, the polls in basketball are meaningless, so just take care of business in the A-10 (which they should) and all will be well.
    And then they make me look bad by squeaking in. At least they're at the bottom of the rankings, do I get partial credit for that?

There are some really interesting teams in the current Top 25 RPI.

#3 St. Mary's? Wow!
    #7 Dayton? Double wow!

Of course, I'm excited by my Commodores at #7. But conference play is about to get heated up and things will shake out from there, I'm sure.

Last night's UNC-Clemson game was fun to watch, for sure.

How's everyone's teams doing? (UK fans are exempt from answering this one.) Any brilliant observations? (Any Tennessee fans are exempt from answering this one.)
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?