Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals @ Reds: 6/10/08

Re: Cardinals @ Reds: 6/10/08

That didn't take long.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pujols is hurt... Maybe a calf cramp?

They will keep winning... watch and see... You hate to see that to a great player though...

Year in and year out, the St. Louis Cardinals are the best managed and best coached (two very different concepts) team in the National League. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone get more out of less than Tony's staff, regardless of how much I dislike that franchise... That being said, if Pujols just tore that muscle, the Cards season is in a world of hurt.

george must be beside himself right now

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Year in and year out, the St. Louis Cardinals are the best managed and best coached (two very different concepts) team in the National League. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone get more out of less than Tony's staff, regardless of how much I dislike that franchise... That being said, if Pujols just tore that muscle, the Cards season is in a world of hurt.
    who knows, they will probably bring up some dude from AA and he will rake the rest of the year... That is how it is with the Cards... They always seem to strike gold... I don't think it is luck either, it's called good management and good coaching... nice concept...

6-2 mid 7...

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    One theory is that his command is so poor, that he has taken a bunch off of his fastball in an attempt to throw strikes. I remember reading somewhere that he could still get it up there, but had no idea where it was going when he did. Not sure if its true, but it fits the facts.
    Plus, his ball does not move at all. Straight as an arrow.

Shockingly, Belisle throws harder than Homer, with more movement on his ball, than does Homer these days. And it wasn't enough to keep Belisle out of AAA.

Which is Homer will be going next.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Typical Weathers.
    the abnormally low HR rate of 2007 has rebounded with a vengeance

Calf strains can take as long as 4 months to heal from and maybe even need surgery... much like an achilles tendon rupture... it could be bad...

I told you they would find another superstar to man first... Joe Mather is his name...

Keppinger needs to get back quick, like next inning quick...

Jay Bruce loves him some hackin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    who knows, they will probably bring up some dude from AA and he will rake the rest of the year... That is how it is with the Cards... They always seem to strike gold... I don't think it is luck either, it's called good management and good coaching... nice concept...
    I see what you're saying about the Cards. I respect them a ton, they're a hell of a franchise. But they can NOT withstand losing Pujols. If he's done for the season, so are the Cardinals, and the wild card race is WIDE open

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    So true. From the time they milked months of 1100OPS baseball from a 36 year old Will Clark standing in for an injured McGwire in 2000 en route to the division crown... this team has found ways to coerce career best production from every cast-off, has-been, and never-was you can shake a stick at. It's simply amazing to behold.

Turn Off Ads?