Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vikes v. Saints game thread

Attack Cat!

Re: Vikes v. Saints game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Nah. I don't agree. Maybe a lousy call or 2, but that's all it was.
    Yeah, It's not like the last two calls were completely terrible, they were close.

2. Turn Off Ads?

At least we dont have to listen to Favre stories for two weeks. Close game, I still covered with 3 1/2 points.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Two very tough and close calls went the Saints way. It happens. Vikings outplayed the Saints, but couldn't close the deal. It happens.

Saints vs. Colts should be a nice game.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Boooooooooo! Officiating decided this game. Terrible.
    Officiating decides every close game. It is just a matter of timing as to how noticable it is.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I'm glad the Saints won, the city of N.O. deserves some happy times.

Minnesota should've won the game, but they couldn't hold on to the ball. That was pathetic how many times they fumbled. I'd be furious right now if I was a Vikings fan.

The refs were pretty bad once again. Quite a few times they gave an extra foot or two on spots on key plays in the game. Also, the Brett Favre roughing penalty was putrid. Reminded of the Justin Smith/Gradkowski play a few years ago.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    That was pathetic how many times they fumbled.
    It's amazing that all season an Adrian Peterson handoff/run was more risky than a Brett Favre pass attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's amazing that all season an Adrian Peterson handoff/run was more risky than a Brett Favre pass attempt.
    It is amazing. It's very ironic that he's been the best back in the game over the last few years, yet he's the worst at holding onto the ball.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Also, the Brett Favre roughing penalty was putrid. Reminded of the Justin Smith/Gradkowski play a few years ago.
    I agree but I also think the play where he hurt his ankle should have been a penalty because it was a hit on the knee area, hence the Tom Brady Rule

It is amazing. It's very ironic that he's been the best back in the game over the last few years, yet he's the worst at holding onto the ball.
    Chester Taylor's an Unrestricted Free Agent and will remain one even if there's no CBA. I'd love to see the Bengals go after and get him and have him and Brian Leonard available as backs. If we're committing to the Running Game, then commit all the way and have Taylor on the team. That'd be better than a fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by OUReds View Post
    Why on earth would they want the Saints over the Brett Farve show?
    C'mon, Peyton vs Archie's old team? The greatest quarterback ever vs the team representing the city hit by Katrina?

It just HAS to be a conspiracy!!

I gotta think this sets the stage for a week of people protesting the league's overtime format. Prepare yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I gotta think this sets the stage for a week of people protesting the league's overtime format. Prepare yourselves.
    i hope so. i like the NCAA's structure a whole lot better than the NFL's sudden luck structure.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

The Vikes definitely outplayed the Saints.....475 total yards and 300+ yds passing by Favre. Turnovers kill, but the Vikes were able to recover and come back from them.... until that last one, by Favre, deep in N.O.'s territory at the end of the game. That was a killer, but over his career epitomized Brett Favre - trying to make something happen, force the ball where he shouldn't.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    At least we dont have to listen to Favre stories for two weeks.
    I wouldn't bet on that.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that.
    Yeah, tomorrow I bet we hear he's retiring and then he'll be signed by the Bears by the Super Bowl.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?