Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Heyman says Rolen to the Reds

Re: Heyman says Rolen to the Reds

A) It's not Alonso.

B) If it were, the BJ's would be sending like ALL of Rolen's salary for this and next year along with it.

C) But it's not Alonso.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Here's the contrary argument.

Rolen is only 34. He has several good years left. He is a huge upgrade at third, defensively and offensively.

EE isn't worth too much. He could even be considered a liability given his own contract. The Jays may be less than excited to get him.

Alonso is a good prospect but he plays Votto's position. His potential spot is filled on the roster with a free agent who plays the outfield and hits. Votto to LF was always a pipe dream.

It does seem like a lot to give up. But sometimes you have to overpay rather than stay in neutral.

I'm not thrilled at all, but can understand the deal and at least it should make the Reds better for next year.
    Are you seriously trying to justify this stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The Reds are so stupid sometimes it genuinely hurts. Scott Rolen is having a fluke of a season, will more than likely be the player he was in 2007 and 2008, and on top of giving up EdE they give up Alonso?
    Damn...I've heard this story somewhere before....

ok, no one committing Harry Carey (you go "a one, a two, a three" before shoving the sword through) or kicking the dog. The Alonso reference is pure speculation at this point.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

All I can say is, if Alonso is involved, I may be looking for another ____zone site to post on

Rolen is only 34. He has several good years left. He is a huge upgrade at third, defensively and offensively.
    That's simply inaccurate...

Here's the contrary argument.

EE isn't worth too much. He could even be considered a liability given his own contract. The Jays may be less than excited to get him.

Alonso is a good prospect but he plays Votto's position. His potential spot is filled on the roster with a free agent who plays the outfield and hits. Votto to LF was always a pipe dream.

It does seem like a lot to give up. But sometimes you have to overpay rather than stay in neutral.

I'm not thrilled at all, but can understand the deal and at least it should make the Reds better for next year.

I can't understand it at all, if it's true. You give up top prospects for a Matt Holliday, perhaps (even that's debatable). You DO NOT give them up for 34 year old 3B unlikely to stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I can't understand it at all, if it's true. You give up top prospects for a Matt Holliday, perhaps (even that's debatable). You DO NOT give them up for 34 year old 3B unlikely to stay healthy.
    No way the Reds are that stupid, are they?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    #Reds source says reports of Encarnacion plus Alonso for Rolen are not accurate. We'll see...
    You know, Twitter's a cool concept and all, but it sure would be nice if the blowhards using it to report trade information would actually get accurate information and verify said information before posting stuff ...
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

I think I'm going to start an internet support group, one session clearly on handling real-time information.

Assuming it's not Alonso... because who is going to stay on a Reds fan site if that happens... who might the minor leaguer actually be?
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Are you seriously trying to justify this stupidity?
    No. I was giving the contrary argument. I said that I'm not thrilled with the EE/Alonso combo -- if that's it.

Boy, you really have to careful around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    You know, Twitter's a cool concept and all, but it sure would be nice if the blowhards using it to report trade information would actually get accurate information and verify said information before posting stuff ...
    JESUS lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH

If this is true I promise I will not watch another game for the rest of the year. I might become a royals fan. Who knows. At least when Grienke pitches its interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    Assuming it's not Alonso... because who is going to stay on a Reds fan site if that happens... who might the minor leaguer actually be?

My guess is Stubbs or Heisey.

Turn Off Ads?