Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why, as a Cards fan, are you here?

Why, as a Cards fan, are you here?

Just curious. Not trying to pick a fight. Just curious as to the motives of another teams fans trolling on another teams message board. Replies welcome, trash talking and mud slinging at me is not. I would never go to a Cards board, that's why I'm asking. I realize there are other fans from other teams than the Cards here, but this site seems overrun with Cards fans.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why, as a Cards fan, are you here?

I'm here for a combination of 3 reasons.

1) when I first got on baseball msg boards 10 years ago, it wasn't
    A cards board. It was called netsports.com and it was a baseball
    Site that had rooms featuring all major league teams. So like this
    Board has 'old red guard', 'sun deck, 'game threat' etc...netsports
    Board had 'Cardinals', 'Reds', 'Yankees,' etc. Fans of every team
    Posted in each sub forum to discuss ALL baseball aspects, not just of one team.
    When netsports disbanded, I searched for other sites and came across individual
    Team boards for the first time. So I signed up to about 9 baseball sites.
    I wasn't used to the idea that fans of other teams shouldn't be on another teams
    Msg board. In all the boards I post on, I've only seen cubs and reds fan
    Act as if cards fans shouldn't be on 'their' board. But...I also notice that on the
    Tigers, white sox, phillies and Mets boards that I'm on, fans of rival teams
    Don't frequent those boards. I will admit that in 10 years of being on 9 or 10 different
    Boards, Cards fans are the number one fans who post heavy on fan boards
    Of division rivals. On the Cards board I'm on, (which is the biggest and most populated
    of all of them) there is One Pirates fan, 1 cubs fan and 0 red fans who post there with ANY
    Type of regularity. Not sure if that means anything...its just what I see.
    But bottom line, I started my baseball fan site days on a site that had all fans.
    I'm not interested in only being on a cards board.

2) since the Reds are the biggest competition, of course I want to read/see the disappointment of Reds fan when the reds lose. I'm being honest. The OP asked us to be honest and I'm being honest. Like a packers fan likes to see the bears lose and like a celtic fans likes to see the lakers lose....I like seeing the cards big rival lose. Id be lying if I said I didn't. But that's not the only or even main reason I'm here because if it was, I wouldn't belong to a Marlins and Tigers board. But it does play a part.

3) This board, in particular, has perhaps the second smartest and most intelligent
    Board I'm on. So much so that I don't even want to post here that much, that's how much I respect the intelligence here. I just like lurking and reading what you guys are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMO View Post
    Just curious. Not trying to pick a fight. Just curious as to the motives of another teams fans trolling on another teams message board. Replies welcome, trash talking and mud slinging at me is not. I would never go to a Cards board, that's why I'm asking. I realize there are other fans from other teams than the Cards here, but this site seems overrun with Cards fans.
    I'm here because it's nice to get a different perspective compared to what I'm used to from Cardinals fans. I've read this board for about 2 years now, but never signed up to post until last week. For me personally I'm not here to troll. It's fun to discuss things when other people don't agree with you all the time.

Why does it bother you so much that Cardinals fans or any other fans would choose to come on this board. I'm sure if they come here trolling they'll be dealt with, but do you really want to live in a land of lollipops and unicorns where nothing negative is ever said about your team? I don't, which is why I come here.

They call me "chef"

I'm here to broaden my perspective and learn the value of true sportsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcomo View Post
    I'm here because it's nice to get a different perspective compared to what I'm used to from Cardinals fans. I've read this board for about 2 years now, but never signed up to post until last week. For me personally I'm not here to troll. It's fun to discuss things when other people don't agree with you all the time.

Why does it bother you so much that Cardinals fans or any other fans would choose to come on this board. I'm sure if they come here trolling they'll be dealt with, but do you really want to live in a land of lollipops and unicorns where nothing negative is ever said about your team? I don't, which is why I come here.
    I could be wrong here, but I think you read too much into his post. I didn't read anything that suggested he was bothered by it....just curious. I understand the question too because rarely do I visit other teams boards.

I'm here for a combination of 3 reasons.

1) when I first got on baseball msg boards 10 years ago, it wasn't
    A cards board. It was called netsports.com and it was a baseball
    Site that had rooms featuring all major league teams. So like this
    Board has 'old red guard', 'sun deck, 'game threat' etc...netsports
    Board had 'Cardinals', 'Reds', 'Yankees,' etc. Fans of every team
    Posted in each sub forum to discuss ALL baseball aspects, not just of one team.
    When netsports disbanded, I searched for other sites and came across individual
    Team boards for the first time. So I signed up to about 9 baseball sites.
    I wasn't used to the idea that fans of other teams shouldn't be on another teams
    Msg board. In all the boards I post on, I've only seen cubs and reds fan
    Act as if cards fans shouldn't be on 'their' board. But...I also notice that on the
    Tigers, white sox, phillies and Mets boards that I'm on, fans of rival teams
    Don't frequent those boards. I will admit that in 10 years of being on 9 or 10 different
    Boards, Cards fans are the number one fans who post heavy on fan boards
    Of division rivals. On the Cards board I'm on, (which is the biggest and most populated
    of all of them) there is One Pirates fan, 1 cubs fan and 0 red fans who post there with ANY
    Type of regularity. Not sure if that means anything...its just what I see.
    But bottom line, I started my baseball fan site days on a site that had all fans.
    I'm not interested in only being on a cards board.

2) since the Reds are the biggest competition, of course I want to read/see the disappointment of Reds fan when the reds lose. I'm being honest. The OP asked us to be honest and I'm being honest. Like a packers fan likes to see the bears lose and like a celtic fans likes to see the lakers lose....I like seeing the cards big rival lose. Id be lying if I said I didn't. But that's not the only or even main reason I'm here because if it was, I wouldn't belong to a Marlins and Tigers board. But it does play a part.

3) This board, in particular, has perhaps the second smartest and most intelligent
    Board I'm on. So much so that I don't even want to post here that much, that's how much I respect the intelligence here. I just like lurking and reading what you guys are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcomo View Post
    I'm here because it's nice to get a different perspective compared to what I'm used to from Cardinals fans.

Are you saying Reds fans here NEVER say anything negative about the Reds?

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

9. Likes:

mattfeet (06-03-2013),ProfessorTofty (05-28-2013),Spider Tre (06-04-2013)

Affable Opponent

Simply because I like to see the perspective of other teams. This site is well moderated so I don't have to deal with reading troll posts.

EMAW

By and large most Cards fans are pretty d bag, very rarely give an opponent credit and always blame others when they lose. The 1985 World Series was classic blame game. They hit about .200 coughed up a 3 to 1 games lead, failed to clinch at home and still blame one call on the whole series.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

From what I've seen, the Cards fans here are good sports and not trolls.

It's actually nice to get their perspective on things.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

13. Likes:

dfs (05-28-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (05-29-2013),Spider Tre (06-04-2013)

Any Cards fans joining the board should read MikeThierry's posts. He's a perfect example of the kind of opposing team's fan we welcome here.

15. Likes:

mattfeet (06-03-2013),MikeThierry (05-28-2013),Spider Tre (06-04-2013)

Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMO View Post
    Not trying to pick a fight. Just curious as to the motives of another teams fans trolling on another teams message board.
    If you aren't trying to pick a fight, why did you just call us all trolls? Disingenuous at best.

17. Likes:

MikeThierry (05-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Strike3Called View Post

These two sum it up. Also, I didn't even know this site existed until a poster from this site came flaming to a STL based site. I couldn't help but see what the Reds fans were saying/thinking, especially given the fact that you're our newest rival.

I do my very best to stay in Cards related threads, most of which (if not all) by Reds fans. It's hard to just watch and not reply when you see comments that you disagree with.

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    By and large most Cards fans are pretty d bag, very rarely give an opponent credit and always blame others when they lose. The 1985 World Series was classic blame game. They hit about .200 coughed up a 3 to 1 games lead, failed to clinch at home and still blame one call on the whole series.
    Cardinals fans giving the Boston Red Sox a standing ovation after the Cards got swept by them I guess is an example of never giving an opponent credit.

If you're also so blinded by your dislike of Cardinals fans to see that the call in the 1985 WS, which was given the worst blown call of all time by the MLB Network, was some how a blame game issue; then there is no hope for you. Obviously the Cards had multiple opportunities to win that series but it doesn't take away from the fact that it was an atrocious call. If that happened to the Reds in the World Series, you would still be up in arms about it.

Turn Off Ads?