Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #1 prospect for 2013?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tucker Barnhart

0 0%
  • Tony Cingrani

0 0%
  • Daniel Corcino

1 1.25%
  • Jeff Gelalich

0 0%
  • Didi Gregorius

0 0%
  • Ismael Guillon

0 0%
  • Billy Hamilton

64 80.00%
  • Dan Langfield

0 0%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

0 0%
  • Tanner Rahier

0 0%
  • Henry Rodriguez

0 0%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

0 0%
  • Steve Rogers

1 1.25%
  • Robert Stevenson

14 17.50%
  • Nick Travieso

0 0%
  • Jesse Winker

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #1 prospect? 2013

Who is Redszone's #1 prospect? 2013

And without further adieu, it is time to get this ball rolling. I started with 16 prospects just because. If anyone wants a name added just post it in the thread. These polls will run for 3 days for the first 20 prospects and then 2 days for the remainder. As always these polls are public. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes by starting this. And away we go!
    Last edited by texasdave; 12-10-2012 at 11:18 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #1 prospect? 2013

Two things of note:

1) After looking at the list, it will be bumped up to 20 prospects next time.

2) Dougdirt's Top 16 were blatantly stolen to start things off. (Even though he was wrong by omitting Drew Cisco.)

So, that means five more names will be added for the next poll. Suggestions welcome.
    Last edited by texasdave; 12-10-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Steve Rogers? You mean Chad, aka Sharky?

(Hate for my first comment to be second-guessing our distinguished moderator. Thanks for getting this going, td.)

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Steve Rogers? You mean Chad, aka Sharky?

(Hate for my first comment to be second-guessing our distinguished moderator. Thanks for getting this going, td.)
    You are right. I looked directly at Chad and typed in Steve. Who is Steve Rogers anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    You are right. I looked directly at Chad and typed in Steve. Who is Steve Rogers anyway?
    Won 22 for the Expos the year I graduated from college.

Edit: Make that lost 22. But he was their ace. For quite a while. Franchise leader in wins.
    Last edited by mace; 12-10-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Won 22 for the Expos the year I graduated from college.
    Ah, the old Montreal pitcher. Showing my age here, I guess.

Glad to see the tradition back underway. Looking over the Reds farm is always a good, low-stress way to keep baseball on the mind in the offseason.

#1 has to Billy Hamilton for me. Stephenson is creeping up there with excellent stuff and results at a young age, but you can't really argue when the fastest player to grace the game in decades made as many strides at the plate as Billy did this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    That'd be this guy

Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

I am a sucker for a starting pitcher with above average stuff and an upper-90s fastball. What can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    That'd be this guy

Is that the old Montreal Expos, 70s-style uniform? Awesome.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I went with Hamilton, but I would also be willing to accept Robert Stephenson as an answer. Both guys are elite level prospects. Higher ceiling with Stephenson than with Hamilton, which is actually kind of crazy to say considering I could see Hamilton compete for some MVP's if things go perfect for him. Hamilton gets the nod for still having such a high ceiling, but a much higher floor.

Little riskier pick, but I had to go Stephenson. Saw him twice this summer and the arm strength is just staggering. He looks like he has a good chance to be one of those rare breeds that can just steamroll lineups with pure stuff.

Hamilton for me.

I love me some Stephenson, but the guy only has eight games of full-season ball under his belt. It's WAY too soon to pencil him in as the Reds top prospect, no matter how talented he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    Hamilton for me.

I love me some Stephenson, but the guy only has eight games of full-season ball under his belt. It's WAY too soon to pencil him in as the Reds top prospect, no matter how talented he is.
    I am curious as to how people rank prospects so I have a several questions. Everyone has their own thoughts on ranking prospects, so there is no right or wrong, IMO.

1) Is it too soon to rank him the number 2 prospect? Because that is very likely where he is going to end up.

2) With only 8 games under his belt, what is the highest he should be ranked?

3) If you were trading him, would you place a top-prospect value on him?

When I saw this I wondered who would pick Stephenson. I went with the obvious but wouldn't be surprised if Stephenson had the better career.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?