Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Minor League Transactions

Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

Yordanys Perez was activated from the DL early in the week and got his first AA hit yesterday. Interestingly enough, Pensacola is the only Reds affiliate showing 26 players on the roster.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

They haven't updated their roster. Ravin is out but showing up on the DL. Not sure what's going on. I assume someone is being lazy.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    They haven't updated their roster. Ravin is out but showing up on the DL. Not sure what's going on. I assume someone is being lazy.
    Ravin has a small tear in his oblique. He says he is out 3-4 weeks.

I think because it happened before the start of the season, the transaction didn't have to actually happen, though I could be wrong.

-The Insider-

I worded that horribly. I meant that they show him on the active roster, when he is really on the DL. Sorry.
    Last edited by cinreds21; 04-15-2012 at 10:22 PM.

I worded that horribly. I meant that they show him on the active roster, when he is really on the DL. Sorry.
    Maybe I just read it poorly. I see what you were saying now.

-The Insider-

No, a kindergartner could have worded it better than I did. lol

No, a kindergartner could have worded it better than I did. lol
    I think it depends on the kindergartner to be fair.

This just in Juan Duran to Bakersfield and Kurtis Muller to Billings. I think maybe they sent the wrong guy down... maybe Yorman and his .114 avg and 15k's in 35ab's should have been the one sent down to work on things

As billy bob said, Juan Duran was activated in Bakersfield. To make room, Kurt Muller was assigned to Billings.
    Luis Atilano was sent to Pensacola from Louisville. I'm sure he'll take the place of Josh Ravin, who is expected to miss a few weeks as mentioned a few posts earlier.
    To take Atilano's place, Brett Tomko was activated from the disabled list in Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by billy bob View Post
    This just in Juan Duran to Bakersfield and Kurtis Muller to Billings. I think maybe they sent the wrong guy down... maybe Yorman and his .114 avg and 15k's in 35ab's should have been the one sent down to work on things
    Yorman is someone who is going to be given every chance. Muller isn't. Fair or not. Yorman has unmatched tools by anyone in the system. Muller is a speedy gamer type.

When we are 10 games into the season, fringe guys are the ones who get moved around, not elite type prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    As billy bob said, Juan Duran was activated in Bakersfield. To make room, Kurt Muller was assigned to Billings.
    Luis Atilano was sent to Pensacola from Louisville. I'm sure he'll take the place of Josh Ravin, who is expected to miss a few weeks as mentioned a few posts earlier.
    To take Atilano's place, Brett Tomko was activated from the disabled list in Louisville.
    Atilano took the place of Josh Fellhauer would went on the DL.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yorman is someone who is going to be given every chance. Muller isn't. Fair or not. Yorman has unmatched tools by anyone in the system. Muller is a speedy gamer type.

When we are 10 games into the season, fringe guys are the ones who get moved around, not elite type prospects.
    I understand dougdirt... and he has been given chance after chance but just can't seem to get it... and when is he going to put up numbers on the field like everyone thinks he should... and its time for the poor attitude to be gone (that's right he is young, heard that before also)... about time for him to make things happen on and off the field.

Looks as if Todd Frazier is up with the big club for a couple weeks. Who gets bumped up from Pensacola, if anyone, to take his place?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Looks as if Todd Frazier is up with the big club for a couple weeks. Who gets bumped up from Pensacola, if anyone, to take his place?
    Mike Costanzo, the Bats do not have a natural third baseman, and H-rod and Didi are not any better at the position. Also, Mike is tearing it up.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Mike Costanzo, the Bats do not have a natural third baseman, and H-rod and Didi are not any better at the position. Also, Mike is tearing it up.
    I would really like to see what H-Rod could do in Louisville at third base. I always like to abide by the saying "challenge thy hitters, coddle thy pitchers." Henry is much more of a prospect than Costanzo and I would like to see what he does with the challenge of AAA pitching. This as good of a time as any to see what he's made of.

Turn Off Ads?