Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

High five!

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

I guess this is Walt's "the trade."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I could see this franchise losing 100 games next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Wait a sec, I thought they didn't make any moves at the deadline because they wanted to win as many games as possible with the players they had?
    Apparently, the powers that be on the Reds are so stupid, they originally thought they could win but now, since the All Star Break, they have realized they cannot.

Honestly, this is simply the worst-run sports team I have ever rooted for. I would prefer the Bengals of the '90s. At least they had a plan: spend as little money as possible. I have no idea what the Reds are trying to accomplish.

Dallas Buck's draft bio from BA:

1. Dallas Buck, rhp (National rank: 48)
    School: Oregon State. Class: Jr.
    Hometown: Newberg, Ore.
    B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-3. Wt.: 210. Birthdate: 11/11/84.
    Scouting Report: No pitcher elicits more head-scratches in the West than Buck, who has gone from hard-throwing bad boy to soft-tossing, innings-eating warrior. A former special-teams player for Oregon State's football team, Buck is one of the draft's better athletes, and his athletic ability and competitiveness have helped him pitch through a dead-arm period that has sapped his velocity. While Buck won his first nine decisions for the Pacific-10 Conference-leading Beavers, his fastball registered in the 82-87 mph range after sitting around 89-91 mph last season and touching 94. A mid-April MRI showed a sprain of his ulnar collateral ligament, with no tear. He had three solid starts with improved velocity thereafter, but slid back in mid-May to the mid-80s. Without his velocity, Buck has relied on adding sink to his fastball, spotting it better and outwitting hitters with his slider and changeup, both average pitches. While his mound demeanor has turned off scouts in the past, his willingness to compete without his best stuff has offset many makeup concerns. If his velocity returns, Buck should be better than ever, having learned to pitch in its absence.

So who starts in left tonight? Colbrera with Bruce in RF?

I wonder if Cast is still in "win now" mode, I would have to imagine he gave his ok for this trade to happen. Seats were not being filled as it was, with Dunn and Jr gone GABP will be a ghost town.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

The question will be whether the Reds got two number one worthy players in return. Essentially they gave up two number one picks by trading Dunn and not letting him walk.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Wait a sec, I thought they didn't make any moves at the deadline because they wanted to win as many games as possible with the players they had?
    Yeah, kind of a headscratcher to say the least.

I wouldn't mind getting Micah Owings as one of throw ins.

No one. They don't play tonight.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

my guess is that PTBNLs are likely on 40 man roster, and Reds will wait for them to clear waivers.

link to Dbacks 40 man:

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/...n.jsp?c_id=ari

The Reds are off tonight but the smart thing would be to callup Chris Dickerson...

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I will second (or maybe third, fourth, 10th) what others have said... Max Scherzer better be in this deal. Otherwise, I don't like it one bit.

Just kills me that we finally traded Dunn and we don't even know exactly what we're getting back. I also wonder if they were close to a deal before the trading "deadline" (too bad all deadlines aren't this loose) or if this just popped up this week. I have to think they had discussions about this before today/yesterday.

And let me repeat: Scherzer better be in this deal!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I agree. Buck could be pretty good but I still want another top prospect in return, someone like a Jarrod Parker.
    Abolsutely. He's a interesting second piece, but as the primary return? Hell no. He profiles more as a mid rotation guy, and his stuff hasn't come all the way back yet. The track record with TJ is very good nowadays, but I'd feel very uneasy about a guy fresh off surgery as the primary haul, even as successful as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Reds View Post
    I could see this franchise losing 100 games next year.
    No problems with that as long as we can see them winning 90 a few years from now.

Turn Off Ads?