Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's going to be your favorite "promo night"/"special" for the REDS this season?

What's going to be your favorite "promo night"/"special" for the REDS this season?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What's going to be your favorite "promo night"/"special" for the REDS this season

sabo bobblehead and civil rights game

Re: What's going to be your favorite "promo night"/"special" for the REDS this season

Ladies Night.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Whatever it might be they are giving away on the night they clinch the Central Division!

nights they win
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

RedLeg Wildcat

What is the Turf Giveaway about? Are they giving out grass seed?

The other one I'm interested in is the gnome giveaway. lol I want to see what the gnome is...Mr.Red?
    The Big RED One

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

The civil rights game last year was REALLY cool to be at.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    nights they win
    I'm with you. I'm over the goodies, I just want to win ballgames.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedSmokey View Post
    What is the Turf Giveaway about? Are they giving out grass seed?

The other one I'm interested in is the gnome giveaway. lol I want to see what the gnome is...Mr.Red?
    George Grande!

Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    nights they win
    I'd suggest going the nights Homer is pitching, then.

I think he'll have the best season as a starter while going deeper into games than Chapman giving him a better chance at wins.

Though Chapman may leave with a lot of 3-run leads and end up getting wins that way.

You can pencil Arroyo in for 15 wins. Somehow he just manages to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I'd suggest going the nights Homer is pitching, then.

I think he'll have the best season as a starter while going deeper into games than Chapman giving him a better chance at wins.

Though Chapman may leave with a lot of 3-run leads and end up getting wins that way.

You can pencil Arroyo in for 15 wins. Somehow he just manages to get them.
    Okay, I had to find SOMETHING we agree on.

I think 1/2 of Harang's problem is that he's facing opposing teams' #1 Starting pitchers. That's why he has been having the worst "run support" track record in Reds history the last 2-3 seasons. How many 2-1, 3-2 games did he lose?
    Our lineup has been horribly inept offensively - and especiallly against top-notch starters. Hopefully that will change a bit with better guys at the top of the lineup, Rolen added to the middle, Bruce "getting it", etc...

Arroyo always seems to be the recipient of offensive support - even when he's off - he gives up 4 we score 5, he gives up 5, we score 6.
    The last half of the season though, he put up like 90% "Quality Starts" though, where he went 6+ innings with 3 or less runs, can't take that away from him. BUT, even when Harang does that, he still loses.

Bailey will probably be pitching in the #4 spot, so that combination of opposing SP's and his stuff this year points to a big year for him win-wise.
    IF I was drafting a Fantasy Team, he would be a sneaky pick for me!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

I may try and bring my dog to the "bark in the park" although the more I think about it there's potential for disaster written all over it........
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    I may try and bring my dog to the "bark in the park" although the more I think about it there's potential for disaster written all over it........
    I'd love to bring our dogs. One would be great but the other would be a giant pain in the butt and we don't want to separate them for that long.

I'm looking forward to the bobblehead nights, but yeah, I'd give up all the SGA's for some wins!

Overall I am very disappointed in the Reds promo nights. There is little to no originality at all. The giveaways are the same tired ones as with previous years. Given the history of this franchise and such I would love to see some new and interesting giveaways.

How about:

Stadium replica night and give away replicas of old Crosley or maybe the minor league parks of the reds

How about doing minitures of the replicas that are at the entreance. They have done Joe, but what about finishing the set?

How about a WS giveaway, do something around all the teams that won the WS?

those are huge events and done by a large number of baseball teams and I don't think I have heard of any issues at any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post

Turn Off Ads?