Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday Starts Early

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Black Monday Starts Early

Three 10-year-old girls share their advice on who Cleveland should hire.

Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

But can Tressel pull off an orange/brown sweater vest?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Totally reasonable as well. This team was/is going nowhere without a QB. But without being able to pinpoint it, something was off this season. SEVERAL additional games were winnable but were coughed away due to various reasons.
    Poor clock management and throwing away much needed timeouts were a big problem. That falls on the coach. Letting Josh Gordon lollygag on a regular basis. That falls on the coach. He may have lost a lot of personel, but there were many games they could and should have won but let slip when it counted. The Browns also seemed to be the only team in the league who couldn't run a screen to save their life. It was like they didn't even run through it in practice, and decided to try it in games. I didn't think he was the guy when they hired him, and he didn't convince me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Three 10-year-old girls share their advice on who Cleveland should hire.

Dude .... that was hilarious!

I've always like this Browns fan rant (Cleveland comedian Mike Polk) ....

I'll see ya Sunday! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    he Browns also seemed to be the only team in the league who couldn't run a screen to save their life. It was like they didn't even run through it in practice, and decided to try it in games.
    This right here bugged the heck out of me all year as I watched every game. Especially with Jason Campbell. The guy could connect and make some beautiful long passes .... but he couldn't throw a screen pass, lead a receiver, to save his life. You had to be an acrobat to catch one of his screen passes.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

OU Head Coach and Ohio native Bob Stoops may have the inside track on the Cleveland Browns opening.

https://twitter.com/SoftliSTL/status/418939921420652544
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Supposedly former Cal head coach Jeff Tedford is going to be Lovie's offensive coordinator in Tampa, which is interesting.
    QBs who were coached by Jeff Tedford in college tend to be awful pros.

What happens to pro QBs who are coached by Jeff Tedford?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    QBs who were coached by Jeff Tedford in college tend to be awful pros.

What happens to pro QBs who are coached by Jeff Tedford?
    Except for that Aaron Rodgers guy.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Except for that Aaron Rodgers guy.
    Blind squirrel, nut.

Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller all tell a different story.

Blind squirrel, nut.

Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller all tell a different story.
    Its pretty impressive when you think that he not only produced a HOF QB but a slew of NFL QB's.

AZ Cardinal's defensive coordinator Todd Bowles in Cleveland today to be interviewed ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-br...land-on-friday

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    AZ Cardinal's defensive coordinator Todd Bowles in Cleveland today to be interviewed ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-br...land-on-friday
    Here comes the Browns savior. This is the guy who will turn it around. Losing in Cleveland is a thing of the past. Next!

Blind squirrel, nut.

How many college coaches have produced a high number of good quality NFL QBs? Is there someone out there with a demonstrably better resume than Tedford?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    How many college coaches have produced a high number of good quality NFL QBs? Is there someone out there with a demonstrably better resume than Tedford?
    Tedford produced 1 good quality NFL QB. His skill (if you can even call it that) was producing guys who fooled NFL scouts into thinking they were worth 1st round picks.

FWIW, I'm intrigued by him as an NFL OC. It's especially interesting when you consider that Mike Glennon seems like a prototypical Tedford guy. I could see him thriving in a Tedford system that relies on a lot of play-action and rhythm throws.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 01-03-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    To his credit, he did have Aaron Rodgers. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?