Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mercker To DL, Bray recalled from Louisville

Mercker To DL, Bray recalled from Louisville

"My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mercker To DL, Bray recalled from Louisville

Go BLUE!!!

now people can stop being so angry about Bray's demotion despite ample logic for it.

Won't you come home, Bill Bray
    Won't you come home
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Wonder if anything was really wrong with Mercker? Phantom DL situation.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Why would they do that? Mercker has been pitching ok. Why would they try to stash him on the DL?

Mercker threw a ton of pitches his last time out (34) in 1.1 innings. He has been lit up in his last 2 outings. That suggests he could be hurt. He is not used very much either. He has pitched 1 time in the last week.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Oh! My arm!

I was wrong
    Chip is right

Mercker must have come down with a case of being old.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

First thing that came to my mind as well.
    Particularly in light of http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68050
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The timing should give him a great opportunity to catch the golf tournament taking place back home in Dublin.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    First thing that came to my mind as well.
    Particularly in light of http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68050
    ditto

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Mercker threw a ton of pitches his last time out (34) in 1.1 innings. He has been lit up in his last 2 outings. That suggests he could be hurt. He is not used very much either. He has pitched 1 time in the last week.
    He very well could be hurt. I have no idea. Just wondering out loud. The phantom DL does exist for those who can not be sent down.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

from what I saw from Bray the first time around I was not impressed. He slider was moving mostly in the horizontal plane. When he stays on top of the slider and it goes down he is tough ... when he gets on the side of it he is nothing special. The Bray I saw wasn't as good as the pitcher that come over almost two years ago.

I have always like Merck, but his time is about up. If it's Bray or Kent, imo you find away to go with the young arm. DL works for that.

Turn Off Ads?