Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Ryder Cup Thread

Re: 2010 Ryder Cup Thread

United States making it interesting. Could come down to the last match - Mahan-Mcdowell. Mahan down 2 with about 6 holes to go. Overton was down 2 at the turn but won 5 of 7 holes to win 3 and 2. Mickelson 4 up with 4 to play. Woods putting for his win on the 15th. Tiger drills his putt on the 15th to win.
    Last edited by texasdave; 10-04-2010 at 09:15 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Europe up 13-11 with both squads leading in 2 matches. Americans two matches are both dormie - one at four and one at five.
    Europe is about to win one of its two matches.

That would make it 14-13 Europe. Mahan is 2 down with 5 to play. A tie brings the cup back to Europe.
    Last edited by texasdave; 10-04-2010 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Europe up 13-11 with both squads leading in 2 matches.
    Need a huge comeback from Mahan or Watson. Can't say I'm seeing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Woods was 10 under through 15 holes wow.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Woods was 10 under through 15 holes wow.
    I think Tiger was a little upset at losing 6 and 5 to Westwood yesterday.

Am I the only one who's had trouble getting up to the minute scoring, and finding the golf being played? When I've tried to follow it online, the scores were usually hours behind, and I couldn't even find which ESPN network was carrying it this morning.

Did NBC put a blockade on scores being released on things like the Scorecenter apps?

Even today, the ESPN "hole by hole" leaderboard shows Mahan and McDowell match only through 11.
    Last edited by Hoosier Red; 10-04-2010 at 09:49 AM.

The Kuchar/Cink match they blew yesterday at the very end is the thing that killed them (obviously, any point would have made a huge differnce, but they SHOULD have won that match and blew it and was a hug momentum changer).
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Wow, what a comeback by Fowler. He halves his match. Now Mahan has to make up one hole to halve his correct?

Mahan missed a 4 footer on 15 he's going to be replaying in his sleep for a while now. I don't think he realized at the time how large that would loom.

Ultimately, the change in format hurt the US team. Put the two teams next to each other 1-12 and I'll take the american team any day. In any format but the Ryder Cup, the US team would win soundly and consistently.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Wow, what a comeback by Fowler. He halves his match. Now Mahan has to make up one hole to halve his correct?

Mahan's 2 down. He needs to win both holes to halve the match and for the U.S. to keep the Cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

And Europe wins the Ryder Cup.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Mahan missed a 4 footer on 15 he's going to be replaying in his sleep for a while now. I don't think he realized at the time how large that would loom.

Ultimately, the change in format hurt the US team. Put the two teams next to each other 1-12 and I'll take the american team any day. In any format but the Ryder Cup, the US team would win soundly and consistently.
    I think even in a normal Ryder Cup the US team wins. Europe won this late Saturday. They had the crowd to keep them going when they started the third session. Got up in all 6 matches and the US couldn't get enough back in on Sunday. They handily won singles as usual today.

Congrats to Europe. Can't control the weather and they managed it just a bit better.

Too much of a deficit to come back from. I hope they do some soul searching the next time they pick these teams. Who's the odds on favorite to replace Pavin?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

What a brutal Ryder Cup from a fans perspective. Delayed constantly, the singles matches didn't start until Monday, the 4ball and 4some matches took forever to finish.

It didn't look good after Sat's start and Sunday's finish. The US just never did much of anything. I do think the Americans have a nice core of young Ryder Cuppers and hopefully they can reclaim that in 2012, at least the viewing hours will be more convenient to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Too much of a deficit to come back from. I hope they do some soul searching the next time they pick these teams. Who's the odds on favorite to replace Pavin?
    Pavin's captain's picks actually fared very well in the Ryder Cup. It would have been a much bigger loss without Cink, Woods, and Fowler.

Bubba was not surprisingly a bad fit for this format. He rode Overton's coat tails as long as he could, but he really hurt the team overall. And Phil/Dustin cost them big-time up until today.

Like I already mentioned, I'll always look back at the final match of Sunday's session as the make or break point for the US. Cink and Kuchar really blew that one the last two holes. If they wind up winning instead of halving, the US retains the cup. That one was costly.

The Europeans played out of their minds and still barely pulled off the win. If these 24 guys played the same tour year-round, the Americans would well out in front. But they put their heart and soul into the Ryder Cup whereas I still don't think most of the American players do. I mean, outside of Westwood, they don't have a player as good as Jim Furyk. Yet, he rarely does much of anything in the cup. That's the way it goes for the US team.

I'd love to see the Ryder Cup go to a format where half the points would come from team play and the other half from individual.
    Last edited by MWM; 10-04-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Turn Off Ads?