Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Cleveland Browns...Rising from the Ashes

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: 2017 Cleveland Browns...Rising from the Ashes

I am breaking out my Browns t-shirt!!!!!!!

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-12-2017),Newport Red (09-11-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am breaking out my Browns t-shirt!!!!!!!
    Breaking out? LOL

I don't care who your team is, where your loyalty lies ... if you're a true fan then you wear their stuff regardless. I've been a Brown's fan for over 50 years - going back to the days of #44 Leroy Kelly - and I've been ribbed quite a bite over these last many years, since they came back into league - "Why in the world are you still a Brown's fan?". And deservedly so - they've sucked, been an embarrassment, a joke. It's "In my blood", just like the Reds, and I'm loyal to my team. I've always looked at it like a captain going down with the ship (LOL).

As for yesterday (week #1) ....

I was impressed. Everyone kept telling me how they were going to be embarrassed by the Steelers. I didn't believe that, and they weren't. Again, it was week #1, so I didn't expect much.

The defense looked good. I thought Kizer showed poise, stuck with the plan, had his rookie "moments" ... held onto the ball too much, put himself out there at times taking hits (be careful son) .... but overall I liked what I saw yesterday.

All I'm gonna say is I don't think they'll go 1-15 this year!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-11-2017),puca (09-11-2017),ScotlandRed (09-14-2017)

A couple of notes from PFF on the game:

CB JOE HADEN, 51.4 OVERALL GRADE

Haden’s first game in a new uniform coincidentally came against his former team. While he broke up a pass early on, the rest of his outing was below-average at best. He didn’t give up any major plays, but did allow six catches for 80 yards and a 106.3 passer rating into his coverage.

WR COREY COLEMAN, 83.6 OVERALL GRADE

Coleman was Kizer’s favorite target on the day, as he snatched all five of his targets for 53 yards and a score. His fourth down touchdown reception kept hope alive for the Browns late in the fourth quarter, as he used a subtle pushoff to gain just enough separation to make the grab. Kizer had a passer rating of 150.4 when targeting Coleman.

DI LARRY OGUNJOBI, 84.1 OVERALL GRADE

We don’t normally highlight players with low snap counts, but the rookie Ogunjobi made quite an impression on just 17 total snaps. He in particular gave Maurkice Pouncey fits on run blocks, as he was able to beat him with both quickness and power for a defensive stop and two solo tackles. He earned a a run defense grade of 89.8, and may have also earned himself more playing time going forward.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Well, they do decide games by total points, not pyrrhic victories. And yeah, except for giving up a TD on a blocked punt, allowing 7 sacks, and gaining fewer yards than the Steelers, the Browns offense really took it to 'em, bro. 237 total yards. Not quite the 410 you predicted, was it? What were you thinking when you posted that?
    That's OK. I'm used to you changing the subject, regardless of topic, rather than acknowledging when a point has been proven.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-11-2017),Sea Ray (09-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Good lord, coming in to spike the football when he nailed the point spread is ridiculous.

If the game had been called correctly the Steelers might have lost. What a stupidly dirty team.
    The very few times I've placed a bet, all I cared about was whether the bet was a winner or not, not the number of yards I'd predicted coming up short. Just "show me the money."

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-12-2017),Redsfaithful (09-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I drafted the Steeler defense late just so I could start them this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Cleveland Offense vs. Pittsburgh:

Rushing: 155 yards
    Passing: 255 yards

Should have picked another.

Take whoever's playing the JETS every week.
    The Steelers provided me with the top ranked defense in my albeit small league of 8 teams. The way my league scores defenses the Steelers were #5 in the NFL and the team playing the Jets, the Buffalo Bills, were #9.

I won my game easily. I feel vindicated.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-12-2017)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Well, they do decide games by total points, not pyrrhic victories. And yeah, except for giving up a TD on a blocked punt, allowing 7 sacks, and gaining fewer yards than the Steelers, the Browns offense really took it to 'em, bro. 237 total yards. Not quite the 410 you predicted, was it? What were you thinking when you posted that?
    Always great to hear from the team who was awesome during the fuel crisis and when KISS were at their peak.

Never beat Montana, never had to face Brady...and when you do you choke.

Hey let me ask you a question since it doesn't happen to many people: how does it feel to lose to Tim Tebow? You are in a rare group there, your perspective would be great.

14. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-11-2017),Kingspoint (09-12-2017)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-12-2017)

Take Cleveland at home and the 9 points.
    I had Cleveland in my spread survivor pool, and about 60 percent of the entries were knocked out this week. Certainly was pleased with the meaningless backdoor cover TD at the end!

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-12-2017)

One question: How does Duke Johnson not get a single carry in that game, especially with Crowell being less than impressive? Johnson is the all-time leading rusher in U. of Miami history, yet it seems like Hue Jackson has typecast him as strictly a receiving back.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

20. Likes:

Dom Heffner (09-11-2017),Revering4Blue (09-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Always great to hear from the team who was awesome during the fuel crisis and when KISS were at their peak.

Never beat Montana, never had to face Brady...and when you do you choke.
    Yeah, well the Niners were 2-14 during Montana's first year (when he started one game); which was the last of the Steelers' dynasty Super Bowl wins. I'm not sure if you're expecting a time warp to take Montana and the Niners back to the 70's. I guess I'll have to settle for Tarkington and Staubauch (twice). I am a bit grumpy about the Brady spygate games, but I can't feel badly about my team having 6 Lombardi trophies. How many of those does your team have again?

Hey let me ask you a question since it doesn't happen to many people: how does it feel to lose to Tim Tebow? You are in a rare group there, your perspective would be great.
    I was at that game and it was not a good feeling, but weird things happen in playoff games. Being a fan of the Steelers, I've seen so many playoff wins that the losses fade quickly. I probably felt better about it, though, than this guy felt on January 9th, 2016:

Name:  Adam_Jones_cries_on_sideline_Steelers_wild_card_game_1452431301371_29674098_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  43.7 KB

I'm also curious... Considering the demands in a previous Bengals thread that non-Bengals fans not post about non-Bengals items, what are you doing exactly? I jumped in to a Browns thread to point out another of Kingspoint's failed predictions (involving the Browns/Steelers game) while giving a shout out to GAC for his team's (the BROWNS) performance. Not a big deal, mind you, as you're at least a good sport when trading barbs, Dom. Wish there were more like ya'.
    Last edited by SteelSD; 09-11-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Breaking out? LOL

I don't care who your team is, where your loyalty lies ... if you're a true fan then you wear their stuff regardless. I've been a Brown's fan for over 50 years - going back to the days of #44 Leroy Kelly - and I've been ribbed quite a bite over these last many years, since they came back into league - "Why in the world are you still a Brown's fan?". And deservedly so - they've sucked, been an embarrassment, a joke. It's "In my blood", just like the Reds, and I'm loyal to my team. I've always looked at it like a captain going down with the ship (LOL).

As for yesterday (week #1) ....

I was impressed. Everyone kept telling me how they were going to be embarrassed by the Steelers. I didn't believe that, and they weren't. Again, it was week #1, so I didn't expect much.

The defense looked good. I thought Kizer showed poise, stuck with the plan, had his rookie "moments" ... held onto the ball too much, put himself out there at times taking hits (be careful son) .... but overall I liked what I saw yesterday.

All I'm gonna say is I don't think they'll go 1-15 this year!
    Good for you and I applaud you. I am a Colts fan........but I got family in the Cleveland area. They always send me Browns stuff. No offense meant.

23. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    One question: How does Duke Johnson not get a single carry in that game, especially with Crowell being less than impressive? Johnson is the all-time leading rusher in U. of Miami history, yet it seems like Hue Jackson has typecast him as strictly a receiving back.
    Hue Jackson was asked that exact question in the post game press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Good for you and I applaud you. I am a Colts fan........but I got family in the Cleveland area. They always send me Browns stuff. No offense meant.
    No offense taken buddy. I'll apologize to you ... I thought (assumed) you might be one of those "closet" fans who was maybe embarrassed to wear their team's stuff because of their perennial losing - like all those coworkers I've been around for years who all of sudden were walking around last year with their Cub T-shirts and hats on! Prior to that? Nada!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Hue Jackson was asked that exact question in the post game press conference.
    Sounds like I missed my calling.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?