Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: B1G Football Discussion

Re: B1G Football Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    There is part of me that says both tOSU and Penn St. will both be in the CFP.
    Quite possible. The ACC, Pac-12 and Big 12 all are in a bit of danger of being left out. Notre Dame is in line for one of those spots, but I have to think they'll find a way to lose one more. If so, there are definitely playoff spots up for grabs.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-29-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I don’t see them both getting in...but PSU is sitting right where OSU was last year at this time. (Just one loss for OSU as of now though).

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Quite possible. The ACC, Pac-12 and Big 12 all are in a bit of danger of being left out. Notre Dame is in line for one of those spots, but I have to think they'll find a way to lose one more. If so, there are definitely playoff spots up for grabs.
    Notre Dame is a factor in all of this for sure.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Regarding the Brohm era at Purdue, I'm not going to flat-out suggest that the bloom is coming off the rose -- nobody could have reasonably suggested that Brohm wave a magic wand and, viola, the Boilermakers are instantly bowl eligible -- but their offense has been stuck in neutral for weeks.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Regarding the Brohm era at Purdue, I'm not going to flat-out suggest that the bloom is coming off the rose -- nobody could have reasonably suggested that Brohm wave a magic wand and, viola, the Boilermakers are instantly bowl eligible -- but their offense has been stuck in neutral for weeks.
    He needs to grow a pair and pick a QB.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He essentially has, as Sindelar never played last night. It didn't make a difference.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Well he is dealing with players that aren't "his".

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Notre Dame is in line for one of those spots, but I have to think they'll find a way to lose one more. If so, there are definitely playoff spots up for grabs.
    I'm very much impressed with ND so far this year. Their only loss is by one point to a damn good Georgia early on. And in the last two weeks they cleaned the clock of two ranked teams in USC and NC State. But their schedule doesn't get any easier .... they got Wake Forest next week (wouldn't take them easy), Navy (no problem there), but then #9 Miami and #18 Stanford left.

IMO, I think there are two teams in the top ten rankings that are "pretenders" .....Wisconsin and Miami. Yeah, both are undefeated and doing what they have to do; but look at Wisconsin's SoS. Not one ranked team. Pretty soft. Miami's schedule is somewhat better, but they've been playing with fire, and barely made it by a bad FSU team. I think ND will take them down.

I can understand the committee putting Wisconsin at #4 currently - they've been in the top ten all year - and they'll probably finish the season undefeated and get to the B1G Championship game. If they manage to win that game - lets say it is #3 OSU - then they're in. If ND takes care of business then they should be in.

The big question for me is - will the loser of the SEC championship game be left out?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I am gonna be keeping a watchful eye on the IU/Wisconsin game. The Badgers will be tested.

I am gonna be keeping a watchful eye on the IU/Wisconsin game. The Badgers will be tested.
    Its funny, first thing I did when looking at this game was check the kickoff time. I think it "could" be a good game, but I think the noon kickoff hurts IU. Had that been a 330 or night game, the crowd would be amp'd up for it. At noon in Bloomington aren't they dreaming about basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Its funny, first thing I did when looking at this game was check the kickoff time. I think it "could" be a good game, but I think the noon kickoff hurts IU. Had that been a 330 or night game, the crowd would be amp'd up for it. At noon in Bloomington aren't they dreaming about basketball?
    I got half-price for the season tickets I scalped. So at least they're buying the tickets?

Well they dream about basketball year round in Bloomington! LOL Noon, means nothing to IU fans for football other than the students won't be as drunk.

I may be alone in my opinion but I've always found IU does worst when they have a big crowd at home. They tend to play tight and nervous.
    Whereas the opponent(whether it's Wisconsin, Michigan, tOSU, or Penn State) is not the least bit intimidated by the 55,000 fans (of which there's still at least 25% cheering for the visitors)
    I'm sure I'm just using selective memory to form this opinion but it's where I'm at.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I may be alone in my opinion but I've always found IU does worst when they have a big crowd at home. They tend to play tight and nervous.
    Whereas the opponent(whether it's Wisconsin, Michigan, tOSU, or Penn State) is not the least bit intimidated by the 55,000 fans (of which there's still at least 25% cheering for the visitors)
    I'm sure I'm just using selective memory to form this opinion but it's where I'm at.
    I have never noticed that. But it is something I will pay attention to in the future.

students won't be as drunk.
    I think that was his point. Drunk students are louder students! Haha.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-06-2017)

Turn Off Ads?