Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thad Matta and UK...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thad Matta and UK....

Matta said he won't talk to UK. End of story.

Seriously though, if Matta didn't pursue the IU job, why would he pursue the UK job?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Seriously though, if Matta didn't pursue the IU job, why would he pursue the UK job?
    That's a softball, so I won't touch it.

Contractually Smith probably has to allow him to talk, so the question this story is based on probably only had one answer. I seriously doubt that Thad is going anywhere, he has a very good recruiting class coming in next year again, and a GREAT recruiting class coming for 2008. He is already one of the highest paid coaches in the country, and frankly Ohio State has all the resources or more, than Kentucky could offer. Kentucky's job has more historical prestige, but Thad is sitting on a home field advantage in terms of recruiting. Quite frankly it is embarrasing that Ohio State hasn't had more success over the years, considering the instate talent, and money in the athletic department.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Contractually Smith probably has to allow him to talk, so the question this story is based on probably only had one answer. I seriously doubt that Thad is going anywhere, he has a very good recruiting class coming in next year again, and a GREAT recruiting class coming for 2008. He is already one of the highest paid coaches in the country, and frankly Ohio State has all the resources or more, than Kentucky could offer. Kentucky's job has more historical prestige, but Thad is sitting on a home field advantage in terms of recruiting. Quite frankly it is embarrasing that Ohio State hasn't had more success over the years, considering the instate talent, and money in the athletic department.
    One possible lure for UK is that it is a school where the basketball program is top dog in the athletics department, whereas at OSU, the basketball program will always be second to football, no matter how successful a coach you are. So if ego and wanting to be top dog are what drives you, UK may be the place to be. And lets not forget Ashley Judd in the stands.

At this point, if Matta leaves again after he has said he won't, he may well end up looking like he went to the Nick Saban school of how to further your career.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

As an Ohio State fan, if Thad Matta left, it wouldn't be the end of the world. You could always find someone to take his place.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Ashley Judd, does that make UK more or less attractive?
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

You tell me...

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    You tell me...

You beat me to it friend...you beat me to it.
    She is to UK what Jack Nicholsen is to the Lakers.
    Only she's "pretty" !

I didn't know UK had hockey?

Or is that pool?

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Yeah, ten year old picture, about when UK had a good team too.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan View Post
    Yeah, ten year old picture, about when UK had a good team too.
    Jack Nicholsen's changed over the years too but I still think Ashley looks better !
    Last edited by jmac; 03-24-2007 at 05:16 PM.

part of BBN

A few years ago...I about burnt out UK football till they hired a young coach (who I liked his offense) by the name of Hal Mumme who got me intersted in football again.
    I have done reached that stage with the basketball program and there are only a few guys that would bring back that excitement again for basketball.
    Matta is alright but he isnt one of the guys. No offence to OSU fans on here just merely my opinion.
    Last edited by jmac; 03-24-2007 at 06:19 PM.

I mentioned this in the previous thread, but I am starting to wonder what skeletons are hiding in Mr. Matta's closet.

2006-
    Five Star Recruits:
    Greg Oden
    Mike Conley
    Daequan Cook*

Four Star:
    David Lighty*
    Othello Hunter

2007-
    Five Star Recruits:
    Kosta Koufos*

Four Star:
    Jon Diebler*
    Dallas Lauderdale*
    Evan Turner
    Eric Wallace

2008-
    Five Star-
    BJ Mullens*
    William Buford*
    Anthony Crater
    Luke Babbit

Four Star:
    Warren Offutt

* In state recruit.

Either Matta is a great recruiter, or something is going on in Columbus that could put the Buckeyes back on probation by the end of the decade.

While I don't want Matta anywhere near UK, the fact that he said no doesn't mean much because he said that he wasn't up for the Ohio St job either.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I mentioned this in the previous thread, but I am starting to wonder what skeletons are hiding in Mr. Matta's closet.

2006-
    Five Star Recruits:
    Greg Oden
    Mike Conley
    Daequan Cook*

Four Star:
    David Lighty*
    Othello Hunter

2007-
    Five Star Recruits:
    Kosta Koufos*

Four Star:
    Jon Diebler*
    Dallas Lauderdale*
    Evan Turner
    Eric Wallace

2008-
    Five Star-
    BJ Mullens*
    William Buford*
    Anthony Crater
    Luke Babbit

Four Star:
    Warren Offutt

* In state recruit.

Either Matta is a great recruiter, or something is going on in Columbus that could put the Buckeyes back on probation by the end of the decade.

While I don't want Matta anywhere near UK, the fact that he said no doesn't mean much because he said that he wasn't up for the Ohio St job either.
    I couldn't agree more. That's the same reason that some people in these parts want no part of Calipari.

Turn Off Ads?