Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dallas Cowboys cut Terrell Owens and Roy Williams

Re: Dallas Cowboys cut Terrell Owens and Roy Williams

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    TJ is the definition of a possession wideout
    With the salary cap you can't afford to break the bank on every need. If you need a possession reciever it doesn't mean you can just go out and get the highest priced possession guy. It just wouldn't be cost effective for the Cowboys with the other weapons they have offense to spend big money on another receiver. Not when their defense needs all the help it can get. With Roy Williams, Witten and the excellent run game, the Cowboys have some serious potential if they can improve the D.

2. Turn Off Ads?

In case no ones heard. TO didnt stay unemployed long. Randy now has competion for biggest... malcontent in the AFC East. Maybe Miami would take CJ .
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Buffalo?
    If he didn't like Garcia and McNabb, he's gonna HATE Trent Edwards.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    In case no ones heard. TO didnt stay unemployed long. Randy now has competion for biggest... malcontent in the AFC East. Maybe Miami would take CJ .
    Randy has been anything but a malcontent since arriving in the AFC East. Honestly, you'd think getting traded to NE saved his life or something.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

You won't hear near as much about TO now that he is in Buffalo. Just like I said about Foxboro, Ed Werder won't be moving to Orchard Park. Who is ESPN going to hire to be the offical TO correspondent, Don Cherry?

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    You won't hear near as much about TO now that he is in Buffalo. Just like I said about Foxboro, Ed Werder won't be moving to Orchard Park. Who is ESPN going to hire to be the offical TO correspondent, Don Cherry?

Don't bet against it. Buffalo is a lot closer to Bristol than Dallas is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I just don't think Buffalo has the juice of Dallas. The last 3 years have not been about TO. They have been about TO the Cowboy. I don't think the proximity to Bristol has anything to do with it. Its what will sell. Do you think Buffalo has as many people calling into ESPN Radio as Dallas does? Its the same reason A-Rod the Yankee is such a big story, even before the roids that A-Rod the Mariner never was. The Cowboys will still be the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I just don't think Buffalo has the juice of Dallas. The last 3 years have not been about TO. They have been about TO the Cowboy. I don't think the proximity to Bristol has anything to do with it. Its what will sell. Do you think Buffalo has as many people calling into ESPN Radio as Dallas does? Its the same reason A-Rod the Yankee is such a big story, even before the roids that A-Rod the Mariner never was. The Cowboys will still be the story.
    They don't need it. They have TO and he'd be a circus if he played in Boise, Idaho.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    If he didn't like Garcia and McNabb, he's gonna HATE Trent Edwards.
    Buffalo has to be paying tons more than the other suitors. Either that or there wasn't a market for him because of the problems he brings.

There are negative articles about it, to be sure. When Randy Moss went to NE, there was a bunch of negative flap, too. We know how that turned out, though. Of course, Edwards is no Tom Brady.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    They don't need it. They have TO and he'd be a circus if he played in Boise, Idaho.
    Well a circus in Dallas has a lot more media attention than a circus in Buffalo. There will be no full time Bills reporter on the ESPN staff like there was in Dallas and nobody here could even name the Bills owner, GM or president. In Dallas those folks are household names. We also don't care about Dick Jauron and can't pick on him like we can Wade Phillips. There is simply nothing to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Plus, Berman loves the Bills. Get ready to hear about them "circling the wagons" ad nauseam now that TO is there.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

This is going to be a disaster.
    Two things TO needs(and has never had) to be an effective WR.

A strong QB to tell him to shut his mouth, he'll get the ball when he gets open and the QB trusts him not to drop it.

A strong coach to back up said QB.

That's two things TO will most certainly not have in Buffalo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Yeah, but the Bills don't seem to have much to lose. They already have a head coach they might just as well set up to fire anyway. Maybe a little more circus would help sell tickets or advertising or something.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?