Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

Quote Originally Posted by yab1112 View Post
    Do all of you still find yourselves rooting for Walt despite what he did?
    To call Walt entirely selfish would be a bit too far fetched, IMO. There's reasoning behind what he did.

Also, I don't know if you guys caught this or what, but after Jesse and Walt shook hands and Jesse was leaving, the camera was angled from the perspective of someone hiding. If you listen closely, you can hear what sounds like breathing. This makes me wonder if Mike played a role in helping Walt. He was clearly acknowledging someone in the car at the end. Who else would have that air freshener? You could say it was Gus' car, but unless it was moved, it wasn't parked in the same place as it was in 'End Times', at least from what I saw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Also, I don't know if you guys caught this or what, but after Jesse and Walt shook hands and Jesse was leaving, the camera was angled from the perspective of someone hiding. If you listen closely, you can hear what sounds like breathing. This makes me wonder if Mike played a role in helping Walt. He was clearly acknowledging someone in the car at the end. Who else would have that air freshener? You could say it was Gus' car, but unless it was moved, it wasn't parked in the same place as it was in 'End Times', at least from what I saw.
    This is a great observation and theory. I'm sure Mike figured out that he was pretty much left for dead when he was shot and all the medical staff worked on Gus until he was stable before they even thought about helping Mike. I also agree that the air freshener could not have been Gus' car, as it was not parked on the roof of the parking garage when he abandoned it.

To call Walt entirely selfish would be a bit too far fetched, IMO. There's reasoning behind what he did.

I re-wound the scene several times. It's not breathing, but it's tires screeching in the parking garage. Which could still be an interesting discussion point, but it is definitely not breathing.

And what evidence do we have that Gus's car wasn't parked where it was in End Times? I thought it was pretty clear that Walt was inside the garage when he stopped at the car, and it's not clear that he was acknowledging someone in the car. Is it possible? Sure. But I think people are digging a bit too far into subtleties here.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I re-wound the scene several times. It's not breathing, but it's tires screeching in the parking garage. Which could still be an interesting discussion point, but it is definitely not breathing.

And what evidence do we have that Gus's car wasn't parked where it was in End Times? I thought it was pretty clear that Walt was inside the garage when he stopped at the car, and it's not clear that he was acknowledging someone in the car. Is it possible? Sure. But I think people are digging a bit too far into subtleties here.
    Yeah, I just did too. You're right.

It probably was Gus' car. It did have the same air freshener, but from where Walt was coming from, it didn't look like it was where it should be. The buildings looked different, too. Whatever... I'll just assume the obvious happened.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 10-11-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Yeah, I just did too. You're right.

It probably was Gus' car. It did have the same air freshener, but from where Walt was coming from, it didn't look like it was where it should be. The buildings looked different, too. Whatever... I'll just assume the obvious happened.
    I've read a lot of other people's opinions that were similar to your original one, but by my memory, Gilligan has never given an incredibly subtle hint to try and keep us guessing, and had it actually come through, has he?

I've worded that pretty poorly, but it's hard to put into words what I'm trying to say. Basically, I don't think we're supposed to have to rewind several times to try to pick up on clues.

I loved the ending, a big part of me wished the show would have ended right there. Much of the story wrapped up, a few loose ends to leave you wondering where the future laid.

I'm not sure what season 5 will bring. It appears that Hank will have to eventually learn of Walt's doings, at least to some degree. I think the Cartel angle is done, Gus mentioned how everyone eas dead, so I don't think Walt gets anything from that side. The DEA, thru Hank appears to be the only angle left for Walt to deal with.

Bold (and not so bold) predictions:

Jessie & Walt will have a fall out, something will have to drive them apart. The poisoning of Brock seems obvious, but it could be another angle.

Hank catches wind of Jessie's involvement, and thru Jessie learns of Walt's involvement. while the DEA is coming down on Jessie, Hank keeps the Walt angle to himself, hoping to be 100% sure before bringing the heat.

Mike returns from Mexico, recovering from his gun shot wounds to help Walt keep Jessie out of trouble. Walt doesn't know that Jessie has clued Hank in that walt is involved, but discovers that towards the end of the series.

Walt devises a plan to both throw Hank off his trail and to put an end to Jessie. Walt thinks that he's killed Jessie, but there are questions remaining despite the complete dissapearance of Jessie. Walt either convinces hank he's clean, or Hank lets it slide as Walt convinces him he's out of the game and owes him one for taking care of his medical bills.

Flash forward either 5 or 18 years later, walt is working in the car wash, working in the office, presumably moved on with his life and doing well. A worker comes in after working on either his daughter or Walt, Jr's car and informs Walt that he's found a big back of "blue" in the trunk it appears that Jessie is back cooking, and like the air controller's situation with his daugher, Walt's life has now come full circle. Cut to credits.

Just finished watching the first 4 seasons. Fantastic show and am completely clueless as to what could come next.

As much as Cranston gets much of the fanfare for this show, the kid playing Jesse is the best actor on the show. Unreal performance week in and week out by him.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Last edited by ervinsm84; 06-12-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Less than 1 month to go for S5

Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Love your passion for this show ervin. Can't wait.

11 days...

1 of the best shows out there and i watch a lot of tv

Really close to the beginning of S5. New interview with Bryan Cranston and the AV club.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/bryan...-carter,82309/
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

I was watching an Seinfeld episode lately that had Tim Whatley (the one where he hosted the party Jerry wasn't invited to) and I watched it for a bit before I even realized that was the same Bryan Cranston. Hard to believe it's the same person.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I can't wait. By far the best show on television now.

Good article today on 10 major moments in Walter White's transformation from Mr. Chips to Scarface:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/showbi...ace/index.html

Turn Off Ads?