Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Braves fan with some questions

tnbravesfan82

Braves fan with some questions

Hello Redzone members! Huge Braves fan (please forgive me) coming to Cincinnati for a game or two in a couple weeks and I need some help. I plan on coming up Monday and need a good place to stay thats near or next to the stadium. Preferably within walking distance and also need to know if I should get tickets ahead of time or could I just purchase some when I get to the stadium?

I came here last year (to Cincinnati) last year to watch a Reds game against the Brewers and had a great time. Love the new ball park and thats one reason why I'm coming up to watch my Braves play and looking forward to the trip up. As much info needed would be appreciated and thanks for letting me join!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Braves fan with some questions

Braves fan, you say? Hmmm, Travelodge in Newport is in walking distance.

tnbravesfan82

Ha! Don't know too much about the surround areas but if I had to guess, thats no where near the ball park

Well I would direct you to this thread about attending games at GABP:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31267

However, it really needs some updating because it is just about three years old. Some of the bars and dining places have changed a lot as downtown and specifically the Fountain Square area has undergone major changes in the past three years. I think it might be time to update that thread for our guests and out of town fans...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by tnbravesfan82 View Post
    Ha! Don't know too much about the surround areas but if I had to guess, thats no where near the ball park
    No...it's within walking distance.

It's just sketchy. Really sketchy.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Well in a few years it'll be gone and a nice new hotel will be at the Levee.

Till then don't mind the prostitutes in the parking lot
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?