Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who starts Sunday?

Who starts Sunday?

Belisle is scheduled, but I don't think he is going to start. At least, I think there is a chance he won't. I thought Dumatrait was an option, but he pitched last night. I get the feeling that the Reds are not pitching Gosling to get him ready to start Sunday. He has pitched really well out of the bullpen. Why can't we leave it that way. I would like to see Elizardo back with the big team. I know he really struggled the second half of last year, but he has shown promise and is still only 24 years old. He has been pitching very well in Louisville. If you'll remember, last year through 12 starts he had an era of 3.61. This is for a 23 year old. I really feel like this guy is still part of the future for the reds, or at least has a shot to be.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who starts Sunday?

I have a feeling they are going to do something with Dumatrait, even though he pitched thursday night he was cruising through the game, and they pulled him "by request of the Reds" after throwing only 66 pitches.

Makes you wonder what they are up to..

I still doubt they bring Dumatrait up to pitch Sunday. That would be 2 days short of normal rest. He could pitch Tuesday on normal rest when Lohse's spot comes back up. I have a feeling Lohse won't be with them team on Tuesday. That may be the plan with Dumatrait, but it doesn't answer the question of Sunday.

I'll do it for free. It's been awhile, but I can't be as bad as some of these guys.

For what its worth Homer Bailey is in town. Or at least he was on Wednesday when I saw him at Dick's Sporting Goods in Kenwood. Maybe he's making another start?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sabowned View Post
    For what its worth Homer Bailey is in town. Or at least he was on Wednesday when I saw him at Dick's Sporting Goods in Kenwood. Maybe he's making another start?

I'm hoping we see Livingston, Dumatrait, Gosling, and Ramirez get some starts between now and the end of the season, with Belisle back working in the bullpen and Lohse traded, though this last possibility seems dimmer and dimmer.

Probably Gosling.

I remember Marty say the other night that Belisle is still going to start.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I remember Marty say the other night that Belisle is still going to start.

Are you sure he didn't just say "scheduled" to start?

Talkin' Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sabowned View Post
    Homer was in town to be evaluated by Dr. K who confirmed he had a moderate groin strain. He's going to rest the groin for at least 2 weeks. He will not be pitching for the Reds anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    Are you sure he didn't just say "scheduled" to start?
    He may have said that, can't remember for sure.

Senor Votto

If it says Belisle then you better expect it to be Belisle.

Belisle is not going to be starting... I'll bet he'll go to the pen.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by baseballguy View Post
    Belisle is not going to be starting... I'll bet he'll go to the pen.
    I hope you're right but I think he'll get one more start.

Turn Off Ads?