Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliff Lee

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Re: Cliff Lee

Smart move.. I wonder how much influence we as fans truely have on this club..

I know the Reds aren't one for rentals but the Reds haven't sniffed postseason air since '99 and haven't reached the playoffs since 1995. This club is solid top to bottom.. Not great.. But solid. You add a bonified ace to this rotation and bring up Chapman and put his 100mph heater in the pen. Add Volquez to the mix and maybe sign a Hank Blalock for the bench and this team might have St. Louis looking up the rest of the way.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jocketty admits the Reds are interested in Cliff Lee:

The Reds have talked to Seattle Mariners about left-hander Cliff Lee. The talks happened when the Reds were in Seattle a couple of weeks ago.

Tampering rules prevent general manager Walt Jocketty on commenting on a player from another team. But in general terms, it sounds like Lee would be the type of player that Reds would target.

“I will say this: We’re looking at anyway we can to improve the club,” Jocketty said. “To improve the club, it would have to be a pretty significant player to do that. We have a lot of good things going. We don’t want to disrupt that.”
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...terest-in-lee/

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Jocketty admits the Reds are interested in Cliff Lee:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...terest-in-lee/
    Considering he drafted him, I could see Jocketty go stronger after Haren, if he becomes available. He would fit that criteria. He would actually be a smarter move, since he's not a rental, and could be just as effective as Lee. Plus, he'l probably be cheaper.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Plus, he'l probably be cheaper.
    How do you figure?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

If your gonna get a FA pitcher for the stretch run than it has to be Cliff Lee. He's a #1 TOR guy and he's LH, and would help make our staff solid! Volquez is the wild card right now if he can regain his form were dangerous, so I think Walt waits till EV has a few starts, but I could live with this deal:

Reds send:
    1)Yonder Alonso(1b) AAA
    2)Travis Wood(LHSP) MLB
    3)JC Sulbaran(RHSP) A

Thoughts?

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    If your gonna get a FA pitcher for the stretch run than it has to be Cliff Lee. He's a #1 TOR guy and he's LH, and would help make our staff solid! Volquez is the wild card right now if he can regain his form were dangerous, so I think Walt waits till EV has a few starts, but I could live with this deal:

Reds send:
    1)Yonder Alonso(1b) AAA
    2)Travis Wood(LHSP) MLB
    3)JC Sulbaran(RHSP) A

Thoughts?
    Seattle wants mostly bats in the deal. Alonso and Wood.. Include Heisey or Fransisco and I'm thinking it's a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Considering he drafted him, I could see Jocketty go stronger after Haren, if he becomes available.

As much as I'd like to see Cliff Lee come here, I think I'd be even happier with a package of prospects bringing us Haren and Drew.

My thought it that Alonso, Wood, and Heisey are too much to trade for a Cliff Lee rental. I'd look elsewhere, to Haren or Oswalt, if that's going to be the price. I want to keep Travis Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D View Post
    As much as I'd like to see Cliff Lee come here, I think I'd be even happier with a package of prospects bringing us Haren and Drew.
    +1

This is my dream deal that could boost the team in 2010 & beyond. I'd give up a lot for these two. a lot. i'm not sure what it would take to get both of these guys. considering the salaries that come back our way it may be less than you might expect. it seems every team in baseball is watching their pennies. would Alonso, Heisey, Wood & a couple lesser prospects (say Valaika, Maloney, a reliever, etc) get it done?

http://twitter.com/markanderson65/status/17833790656

@johnfayman Detroit radio saying deal between Cliff Lee and Twins a done deal.
    Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    +1

This is my dream deal that could boost the team in 2010 & beyond. I'd give up a lot for these two. a lot. i'm not sure what it would take to get both of these guys. considering the salaries that come back our way it may be less than you might expect. it seems every team in baseball is watching their pennies. would Alonso, Heisey, Wood & a couple lesser prospects (say Valaika, Maloney, a reliever, etc) get it done?

Maybe cut back on the prospects and offer to take Snyder (and his salary) off their hands as well.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    If the Twins got the Mariners to take Ramos as the center piece of this deal, its going to be the steal of the year.

I really, really, really hope that isn't true, especially if Wilson Ramos is the key piece. The Reds can do a lot better than Wilson Ramos.

#Twins source denies any deal is done for Seattle pitcher Cliff Lee. Twitter rumblings had a Detroit radio station saying it's a done deal.

http://twitter.com/KSTPTVSports

I know no one (or very little) agrees with me, but the BIGGEST thing that has helped this team is team chemistry. The deal for Lee would be good, but people wanting to replace Cabrera don't realize how much that would hurt team chemistry. And team chemistry is an intangible that cannot be measured by sabremetrics, but has been the biggest reason for turnaround since Scott Rolen arrived here, and Orlando Cabrera followed.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Turn Off Ads?