Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton

Re: Peyton

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I have to admit, I got a little choked up watching the press conference.
    I was right there with you. I am not a Colts or Manning fan, but I found myself reflecting on his career. It will be so strange to see him in another jersey.
    Let's get weird!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think the guy is done, I think he has 2-3 good solid years left in him yet. If he were to go to a team like the Texans or maybe the 49ers he could potentially win another Super Bowl. But anywhere he goes should at least make the playoffs once or twice during his presence.

I have always thought the Phins make some sense but my darkhorse is Cleveland, just appears to me a better fit than many might think. They'd need to supplement the offense early in the draft and sign Reggie Wayne but I think it's doable. Plus their defense played pretty well last year.

FA:
    Manning
    Wayne

Draft:
    1A - RB - Richardson
    1B - RT - Adams
    2nd - WR - Stephen Hill
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I think that modern day and highly skilled college QBs like Cam Newton or Andy Dalton seem to be able to come into the NFL and immediately produce sealed Manning's fate with the Colts.

Do you use a rehabbing and iffy Manning to ease in Luck or do you just go with Luck? I think the Colts think that Luck can come in and immediately star.

I also think Manning ought to retire. The whole Colts offense was built around Peyton. It is finely tuned to his skills and he and his receivers worked long and hard to get it tuned. Even if he is totally healthy, I just don't think he can go to another team and immediately replicate what he did in Indy. It will take a year or two and I don't think he has that much gas in his tank. But he will play another year just to prove it to himself that he still can play and I agree that he'll be mediocre at best with a totally new offense and receivers.

Finally, I thought Manning handled yesterday with total class. That was an enormously difficult day and he had only good things to say about the team, the owners, the front office and the Indy fans. Peyton really is a good guy.
    I wish Manning well but I will be surprised if he does that well wherever he winds up. 36 is old for almost any QB, especially one with health issues trying to re-start his career with another team.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

He doesn't appear that he's going to drag this out.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...ek-sources-say
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    As a Bronco fan, I would love to see Denver sign him. It would give Elway his type of QB and give Elway an "out" as far as saying Tebow could set under one of the greatest.Course I doubt PM would want to play in the cold and snow so much of the time.
    Here is an article stating the same thing as my thinking. Not saying it will happen but fun to think about.
    Let me say I like and respect Tebow. However it's not Kyle Orton etc we are talking about as far as bringing in and starting, but one of the best QB's ever.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...DSrsMwofZDubYF

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86631

11/30/2010 - by kaldaniels

"I am wondering if an injury or bothersome ailment that hasn't been disclosed is lurking around as well, FYI.
    I stopped reading after you said Matt Cassell was better than Manning.

Nostradamus is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I stopped reading after you said Matt Cassell was better than Manning.

Nostradamus is safe.
    Thank you for making me laugh out loud this morn. I was one in the arguement with him and think that he is just a Manning hater.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I think that modern day and highly skilled college QBs like Cam Newton or Andy Dalton seem to be able to come into the NFL and immediately produce sealed Manning's fate with the Colts.

Do you use a rehabbing and iffy Manning to ease in Luck or do you just go with Luck? I think the Colts think that Luck can come in and immediately star.

I also think Manning ought to retire. The whole Colts offense was built around Peyton. It is finely tuned to his skills and he and his receivers worked long and hard to get it tuned. Even if he is totally healthy, I just don't think he can go to another team and immediately replicate what he did in Indy. It will take a year or two and I don't think he has that much gas in his tank. But he will play another year just to prove it to himself that he still can play and I agree that he'll be mediocre at best with a totally new offense and receivers.

Finally, I thought Manning handled yesterday with total class. That was an enormously difficult day and he had only good things to say about the team, the owners, the front office and the Indy fans. Peyton really is a good guy.
    You can't pass on Andrew Luck if you are Indy. Manning has been the franchise since he was drafted, Luck is believed to be the best college qb to come out since Manning. It's not fair to Manning for all he's done to ask him to come back and be a glorified coach and serve as a distraction by fans should Luck have a Manning type rookie season. If there was no other interest in Peyton I could see him coming back and accepting that role but Peyton even at 75% is still better than 85% of the quarterbacks in the NFL.

Already its been reported that he's visited Miami and Arizona. Other reports have the Jets, Seattle, among others contacting his agent.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Live chopper footage following an SUV carrying Peyton Manning around Denver is a bit much.

part of BBN

Listened to ESPN radio this morning and they said there was a poll taken in Denver on go get Manning or stick with Tebow and Manning was ahead with around 66% of the vote.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Jets extend Mark Sanchez. Now everyone can shut up about them.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Really good chance Peyton said thanks but no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Live chopper footage following an SUV carrying Peyton Manning around Denver is a bit much.
    No doubt! Very creepy!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

God that franchise is weird. Have they ever had a decent offense? They are just weird, year after year.

Turn Off Ads?