Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lieber?

Lieber?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...son&id=2806659

I know this has been discussed before, but it looks as though the Phillies have had to lower their asking price for him. If they would bite on Cormier and a low-level prospect, would you do it? I doubt he'd be anything better than a #4 starter, but he'd be an improvement over Milton. If the Phils were to do that deal, the Reds would more than likely be stuck with his entire '07 salary.
    Last edited by maniem; 03-21-2007 at 06:45 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Lieber?

He's too young

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

It would probably take a Coffey or Bray.. maybe a combo of the two. Considering they are looking at Mike MacDougal(ChiSox) and Kevin Mench(Brewers)

A few weeks ago the Jays asked about Lieber. The Phils wanted Rios in return.

Send them Cormier back and one of our young fast outfielders Hopper/Deno. Their problem (Lieber) and ours (glut of average pitchers) both improved.

I Like That Deal ( Thewall)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    A few weeks ago the Jays asked about Lieber. The Phils wanted Rios in return.
    *cough*
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    Send them Cormier back and one of our young fast outfielders Hopper/Deno. Their problem (Lieber) and ours (glut of average pitchers) both improved.
    While in the middle of a pennant race last season, the Phillies traded Courmier for a AAA pitcher (who they ultimately waived)....why exactly would they want to be on the hook for another year of Courmier's salary this season?

Norris Hopper has trade value?
    Last edited by jojo; 03-21-2007 at 09:40 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    While in the middle of a pennant race last season, the Phillies traded Courmier for a AAA pitcher (who they ultimately waived)....why exactly would they want to be on the hook for another year of Courmier's salary this season?

Norris Hopper has trade value?
    I traded Norris Hopper and Cormier for a bag of BBQ Chips, a cold can of sprite and a banana...

I think that was well worth it.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

GO GO SOX!!! (and Reds)

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    Considering they are looking at Mike MacDougal(ChiSox)
    I don't know where you are getting this info from but I don't see the Sox doing this trade at all. We have Floyd and Danks who are battling it out for the 5th spot and I feel both have a much better up side then Lieber. Not to mention tha t if Jenks continues to struggle like he has in Spring Training we may need MacDougal to close games.

Have they learned nothing from Arroyo/Pena? Garcia with a sore bicep. They should keep Lieber unless bowled over- or least make it seem that way.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I hate when Hopper and Deno are referred to as interchagable parts.

I gotta think that Deno has reasonable trade value. Hopper is one of those guys you can always pick up on waivers pretty much every week.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I hate when Hopper and Deno are referred to as interchagable parts.

I gotta think that Deno has reasonable trade value. Hopper is one of those guys you can always pick up on waivers pretty much every week.
    Fine, whatever, make it the indispensible Deno and get the deal done! Does anyone really think Lieber doesn't upgrade our starters?

Fine, whatever, make it the indispensible Deno and get the deal done! Does anyone really think Lieber doesn't upgrade our starters?
    Well, he's likely better than Milton.

^me thinks I am likely better then Milton kidding of course, but, uhm, not really.

Turn Off Ads?