Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm coming out of the closet...

Re: I'm coming out of the closet...

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Until that offensive line gets it's collective crap together,it aint gonna matter who the heck is calling plays. It's Atrocious and has been since '99.
    Losing Bentley really hurt us. But yeah, they have to realize up there that they will go a long way to improving this team by focusing on that O-line.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Welcome back, and you're welcome.

-From all of the die hards who have done the heavy lifting while you were away.

Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Until that offensive line gets it's collective crap together,it aint gonna matter who the heck is calling plays. It's Atrocious and has been since '99.
    I wonder what that portends, now that the O-Line coach is now the OC.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I wonder what that portends, now that the O-Line coach is now the OC.
    It means he now has BOTH feet in the fire and is without an asbestos suit.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Tim Couch bares some responsibility in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Tim Couch bares some responsibility in this matter.
    Don't ever say that name in my presence again.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

How u doin

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Glad to see you're enjoying a real legit NFL caliber football team.
    why don't they have any superbowls then

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Don't ever say that name in my presence again.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Hal Mumme product.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Drop the "C" and you get "Ouch."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

I'm a little embarassed and ashamed to admit this. It has been building up for a while now however. The only person I've ever discussed it with is my friend Karl. I've tried to bury these feelings inside me and not let them show, but I just can't do it anymore, I have to be true to who I am.

After 18 years as a Cleveland Browns fan, I can't take it anymore. I gave up on watching them three years ago. I turned to the Browns in 1988 after I felt let down by the Bengals in the Super Bowl. I stood by the Browns through mediocrity and downright abyssmal seasons...not to mention five years without even fielding a team.

But last year, I started to return to my roots. I watched every Bengals game on television straight through the playoffs. I was on the edge of my seat this year for the first preseason game. I'd never even watched a preseason NFL game before...

I found myself loving Carson, Rudi, CJ, Hooch, Chris Perry, etc.

And now, I just have to admit that I am once again a Bengals fan, and that my father was right all these years...

Who Dey!
    You are the root of all that is wrong with the world today. Browns fans love their team win or lose, we have pride in who we are and do not need a couple winning seasons in a row to fill our stadium. Seems pretty easy to just pack up and move to a team thats winning now, but what do you do when the Bengals hang another 19-61 streak and theres no fans around to watch the game with, we won't want you back but Im sure Art and the boys in Baltimore would love to have ya. Living in Dayton I get to see it all first hand. Two years ago I could got to any bar in town, and find more lions jerseys than bengals, toss in a few wins and they are all over the place but your not fooling me, snip the price tags off and ask the bandwagon driver to let you off at the next stop because you wanna be a real fan. I dont dislike bengal fans, but the lack of passion makes it very hard to respect them. The life of a browns fan is a rough one but Ill never quit on them, just like they will never quit on me. As far as Im concerned you can root for whoever you like, but please NEVER root for the browns again, we don't need the negativity.

How u doin

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I still have two unused tickets for the Don Shula vs. Dave Shula coaching matchup... 1st time ever for a father vs. son in the NFL. I was all excited to get them at the start of the season. Oct. 2, 1994 Sunday night (8:00 pm) game. I decided to blow it off b/c the Bungals were already 0-4 going into that game. I figured it wasn't worth the hassle and I had been a diehard fan from birth. They ended up losing to Marino and the Dolphins 23-7. I felt better about not going and eating the $70 that I paid for the tickets.... at least I didn't have to pay for the parking and concessions to watch my team get drilled and fall to 0-5. They started that 1994 season 0-8.

Ahhhh... the Shula years.

yeah dolphins wooo hooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that QB from years past bares some responsibility in this matter.
    That guy (there ill save you from having to see his name) gets thrown under the bus more often than that swiss cheese line. Its hard to throw when youre on your backside or with hands in your face. By the time that guy got out of town the Browns had already destroyed his career because they never dealt with the biggest problems with those teams offensive line.

If that guy would get healthy enough to play I would love if my Raiders would give him a look. I still think he could be a good qb.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD RIGHTHANDER View Post
    You are the root of all that is wrong with the world today. Browns fans love their team win or lose, we have pride in who we are and do not need a couple winning seasons in a row to fill our stadium. Seems pretty easy to just pack up and move to a team thats winning now, but what do you do when the Bengals hang another 19-61 streak and theres no fans around to watch the game with, we won't want you back but Im sure Art and the boys in Baltimore would love to have ya. Living in Dayton I get to see it all first hand. Two years ago I could got to any bar in town, and find more lions jerseys than bengals, toss in a few wins and they are all over the place but your not fooling me, snip the price tags off and ask the bandwagon driver to let you off at the next stop because you wanna be a real fan. I dont dislike bengal fans, but the lack of passion makes it very hard to respect them. The life of a browns fan is a rough one but Ill never quit on them, just like they will never quit on me. As far as Im concerned you can root for whoever you like, but please NEVER root for the browns again, we don't need the negativity.

Hang out with me on a Sunday afternoon, or engage me in conversation about the Bengals any day of the week, then tell me I don't have passion.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by OLD RIGHTHANDER View Post
    Yeah, Browns fans root for their team win or lose. That's why I see ads on TV for Browns single game tickets available through Ticketmaster. Browns fans are like anyone else. They show up when the team does well and when it doesn't...well they've got better things to do with their life. I have been a Bengals fans since the late '70s. My family has had season tickets since the early '90s. The Bengals stunk for so long, I don't blame people for jumping off the wagon or taking a "wait-and-see" approach. I know people who got so fed up with Mike Brown that they refused to spend a dime on the Bengals until they got some sign that there was real change in the way the front office did things.

I've been surrounded by Browns fans most of my life up here in NE Ohio and there are almost as many Steelers fans up here lately as there are Browns fans. I know people who have quit on the Browns. In fact the Browns did quit on their fans, because they up and moved to Baltimore.

I don't doubt that you are a huge Browns fan, but don't try to pass of Browns fans as a whole as somehow better than the fans of other teams. They aren't. If you want to direct your disgust at someone, direct it at those people who "just happen" to be fans of the Steelers, Yankees, Lakers, and Notre Dame. Now that's a sign (at least for people of my generation) of a bandwagon jumper.

Turn Off Ads?