Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Just a quick FYI. It's not the database error today, but rather very sluggish performance. I'd post (gamethread) and it would delay about 2 to 3 minutes before the "redirect" window shows up. Then another minute before the post & forum reappear. Normally for me this is a matter of about 2 seconds and then 2 more seconds. This problem was also causing double posts. Just thought you should know.
    Thanks for letting me know...we're still working on resolving the issues based on feedback from our host and vBulletin. Please continue to keep us posted.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Thanks for letting me know...we're still working on resolving the issues based on feedback from our host and vBulletin. Please continue to keep us posted.
    Sometimes it helps to log out for awhile then log back in.

All,

I moved the malware-related posts to a separate thread in this forum, so please continue the discussion there. Thanks...

Just a FYI, everyone, that we're moving to a new server over the next day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    Just a FYI, everyone, that we're moving to a new server over the next day or two.
    Is this due to the large amount of database errors I've been seeing lately when coming here?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Is this due to the large amount of database errors I've been seeing lately when coming here?
    Yeah, I've been getting them a lot today as well, but I can't complain, because this site is pretty consistently up and running well most of the time. It's not the fastest site in the world, but it's fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    That's a reason and the main one, yes, but not the only reason.

test?

Stat geek...and proud
    Yay, we're back!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Looks like a lot of posts got deleted from 7/13. That's a shame cause I posted the greatest post in the history of RZ this past morning.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Looks like a lot of posts got deleted from 7/13. That's a shame cause I posted the greatest post in the history of RZ this past morning.
    Surrrreeee you did

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yeah most of the posts from today are missing too. I was confused because I was looking in a thread I know I had posted in this afternoon, and all the posts since the 11th are missing.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

That likely means the move is officially completed. In hindsight, we probably should have shut down the board so that no posts were lost, but then the site would have been completely inaccessible, obviously. Short of doing that, there's no other way to avoid what happened...if we continue losing posts, we've got bigger problems, so please let me know if that happens.

I'm not getting the gatabase error message today but a lot of other spooky things are happening. For instance this thread shows that the last post was made by Wolfboy this morning but the last one I can access is Boss' from two hrs earlier. I'm also sometimes getting a message that forum administrator has denied access and then 10 secs later if I retry it goes through

When I tried to edit my spelling in the above post it instead showed me someone else's post to edit( none from KronoRed and I have no idea where it came from). I'm telling you things are getting spooky around here

Turn Off Ads?