Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Daugherty says Brandon Phillips is very available

Re: Paul Daugherty says Brandon Phillips is very available

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I hope we are basing this roasting session on more than one poster who knew a guy who knew a girl who allegedly received a Twitter message from BP's ACCOUNT during a game
    This is a good point, many athletes and people who are famous have people who help manage their Twitter accounts.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Likes:

New Fever (10-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    I'd take Panda in a heartbeat if I thought he could could lose 30 pounds and keep it off, and not be subject to fall into a diabetic coma at any time during a game.

5. Likes:

Larkin Fan (10-28-2013),M2 (10-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    He's...breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Who hurt worse....Panda or the ground?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    He could be watching the pitcher, in the clubhouse watching tape of his last at bat, discussing game strategy, discussing the pitcher with other hitters etc.

You know how texts in the dugout? The guy who lolly gags down the first base line. The guy how makes bad baserunning mistakes because of a lack of thought. The guy.... oh wait.

You know who doesn't have the right to complain about the size of his contract relative to other guys? The guy texting in the dugout.
    I know a guy who made more base running mistakes and he is a 'student of the game.'

I'm not so sure Panda coming to Cincinnati is a good thing. With the chili, the ice cream and the pizza, he might be pushing 4 bills by the end of the season. Heck, if the Reds get 10 Ks on the other team, if a ball comes his way he'll probably let it go through his legs so the Reds can get that 11th strikeout and he can get free pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

10. Likes:

Larkin Fan (10-28-2013),TRF (10-28-2013)

Can you have a fat clause in a trade? Like the Reds get a set amount of cash for every 5 pounds overweight?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm not so sure Panda coming to Cincinnati is a good thing. With the chili, the ice cream and the pizza, he might be pushing 4 bills by the end of the season. Heck, if the Reds get 10 Ks on the other team, if a ball comes his way he'll probably let it go through his legs so the Reds can get that 11th strikeout and he can get free pizza.
    I'm pretty sure that stuff you call chili would be a deterrent to him gaining weight. Now the ice cream and pizza, that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Who hurt worse....Panda or the ground?
    The fans during the resulting earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    From MLBtraderumors:

* "It's no surprise that Pablo Sandoval's name that been floated in trade rumors, MLB.com's Chris Haft writes. Sandoval will hit free agency after the 2014 season and the Giants have questions about the Panda's consistency at the plate and his physical conditioning. Haft opines that Sandoval would draw a lot of attention on the trade market and he could be dealt for starting pitching or perhaps a second baseman (as Marco Scutaro would take over at third base)."

I know some really don't like him. But, it would free up long term cash for Choo. Plus, he's 27 and on the verge of free agency. If there would ever be a year to get into shape for Pablo it would be 2014. Plus, you could keep Frazier for left or as a super utility role if Ludwick plays like it's 2012.
    blech.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Would love to have Panda if NL had the DH, pass.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I'm very curious to see if the zeal to trade BP will have cooled off after the WS news blackout ends. The lack of mention of it lately by the beat writers gives the appearance that it has. It's possible that Bryan Price recognizes Philips' value, has lobbied against it and tipped the scales the other way.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I'm very curious to see if the zeal to trade BP will have cooled off after the WS news blackout ends. The lack of mention of it lately by the beat writers gives the appearance that it has. It's possible that Bryan Price recognizes Philips' value, has lobbied against it and tipped the scales the other way.
    I would think they would like to trade him before the Caravan, so that gives them about 7 or 8 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post

I would think if BP stays then the front office was sending a message, and it worked.

I think Walt and Price are on the same page on a lot of issues already, from the point Walt made about them having several meetings, even though he knew Price was his guy from the first one.

Price in the quotes and interviews has not mentioned Phillips name in certain as to being on the roster though either. He has mentioned Votto, Bruce, hopeful on Choo, and then young guys like Frazier, Cozart, and Mesoraco.

Rumors will be flying all over in about a week though.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I would think they would like to trade him before the Caravan, so that gives them about 7 or 8 weeks?

Yeah, if it happens, I would think it would be very quick. GM meetings in like 3 or 4 weeks. Winter meetings at the latest. I don't think they want it out there to ruin any good buzz chances later into the off season.

Turn Off Ads?