Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Re: Chad Johnson hints at trade demand

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    You mean the usual interview where Marvin is a arrogant jerk to the media? The guy is finally getting heat and he can't accept this junk of a team is his fault. Now he is mouthing about not enough scouts and blaming Chad.
    As the head coach Marvin should get the heat. Marvin has issues on this team that he, as the head coach, needs to address. No argument there. But it was also Marvin Lewis who came into this organization, cleaned house, and brought some respectability back to this franchise. And he got credit, from the fans and the media, for identifying those and correcting them.

He needs to do it again. And if he can't then he'll be replaced.

I just find it funny that Marvin should be called out for being an arrogant jerk to the media; but when it comes to CJ's antics, emotional outbursts, and confrontational attitude, which IMO includes being a jerk at times, those are to be tolerated, ignored, and somehow justified.

Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown may be problems too. But that still doesn't justify Chad's antics and behavior IMO.

You read about the lack of work ethic from certain players and that is WAY more of a problem than Chad Johnson. Everyone knows that Chad works at his craft like Jerry Rice did.
    No one who has been critical of Chad has ever denied his work ethic or his immense talent. So because he does these things people are to ignore the other? That somehow justifies them?

Ok. So he's an immensely talented, workaholic, who also happens to be a selfish jerk.

So.... It's the guy's passion that drives him to go after his QB and head coach on those sidelines, cause confrontations and stir things up on occasion in that clubhouse, or also say controversial things that are hurtful to this franchise and the other players through the media.... because he's the only one who really cares about winning, and the rest of these bozos just don't get it?

Chad Johnson... a true starving, and yet misunderstood, artist. This team not only doesn't recognize his true talent, his passion, but also doesn't deserve him. He's so misunderstood.

Not buying it.

Would you be willing to say those very same things about other talented players around the league who have been singled out as jerks and grade A selfish players who are only concerned about themselves.... yet immensely talented.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You don't think that whole suicide deal plus his training camp shenanigans weren't a distraction and what Chad Johnson does is?
    Ok. They were. Now explain again how that somehow justifies Chad's behavior?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Ok. They were. Now explain again how that somehow justifies Chad's behavior?

You're the one that thinks his behavior needs to be justified, not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

Not sure if I would or not...

High or low?

Would that change whether or not you'd do it? How high would the pick have to be if you WOULD be willing to do it?

You're the one that thinks his behavior needs to be justified, not me.
    Who are you referring to? CJ or T.O.? I've lost track.

Because as far as I'm concerned, they're both two pees in a pod.

Look - I've already acknowledged previously that T.O. and Moss' behavioral history is nothing to brag about, and pretty sad. To me that is not really the issue at all, and has nothing to do with Chad Johnson.

The statement was made that they were playing in the post-season last weekend, and that is all that matters.

And I was simply illustrating that this year, regardless of their previous conduct, which we all would agree was deplorable, you haven't heard a peep out of either of these two guys. And even when they have given interviews they've been pretty tame.

But irregardless Chip - I just find it hilarious that Bengal fans have had no problem whatsoever, in the past, bringing to everyone attention players from around the league, and in sports in general, who have shown to be self-serving jerks. But when it's one of their very own they find ways to justify and excuse it.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Absolutely not.

Senor Votto

Absolutely not.

Absolutely not.
    ... just following the trend.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Who in their right mind would think that Chad would fetch a #1 pick when Randy Moss only could bring a 3rd or 4th rounder?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Didn't Chris Chambers net a #2 pick? I know it was a mid-season trade and all, but still...

Who in their right mind would think that Chad would fetch a #1 pick when Randy Moss only could bing a 3rd or 4th rounder?
    The "Oakland Raiders Randy Moss" only brought that. I think if Moss were on the block right now, the "New England Patriots Randy Moss" could bring something more.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

umm you have me interested

Who in their right mind would think that Chad would fetch a #1 pick when Randy Moss only could bring a 3rd or 4th rounder?
    Anyone that understands the NFL and the reasons why Moss only netted a 4th

Absolutely not. I wouldn't under normal circumstances, but especially so considering this franchise would probably waste another first round pick on a linebacker that can't stay out of prison or a running back who can't stay on the field.

Turn Off Ads?