Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: God, Do I Hate the Cheesecake Factory

God, Do I Hate the Cheesecake Factory

So, the boss wants to take us out for lunch here in San Francisco. Someone hates sushi, another's allergic to Indian, so, we settle on the Cheesecake Factory. I suppress a groan, I LOATHE the Cheesecake Factory.

First, the menu's the size of phone book.

Second, the food's not good. But what it lacks in taste is made up for in size. Every meal is gargantuan. I order a club sandwich with fries but can't even finish half (and I'm 250lbs). Everyone at the table had to work the waiter double-time to box that slop up so that we can, ostensibly, eat it at home. (Mine will sit, first in the fridge, then in the garbage).

Last, their signature dish, cheesecake, sucks. The gang's looking over 100 different variations of cheesecake: almond/raspberry/carmel and peanutbutter/cookiedough/whatever, etc...and I want to know if they just have cheesecake. They do, but I'm overruled. The cheesecakes that are delivered are, once again, gargantuan. These people just don't get it. A cheesecake is supposed to be a low, cool wedge of tangy creaminess, a sublime compliment to hot coffee. Instead we're treated to a whipped up excercise in sugar overkill.

Please go away Cheesecake Factory.........and take Olive Garden with you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: God, Do I Hate the Cheesecake Factory

So tell us how you really feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    So, the boss wants to take us out for lunch here in San Francisco. Someone hates sushi, another's allergic to Indian, so, we settle on the Cheesecake Factory. I suppress a groan, I LOATHE the Cheesecake Factory.

First, the menu's the size of phone book.

Second, the food's not good. But what it lacks in taste is made up for in size. Every meal is gargantuan. I order a club sandwich with fries but can't even finish half (and I'm 250lbs). Everyone at the table had to work the waiter double-time to box that slop up so that we can, ostensibly, eat it at home. (Mine will sit, first in the fridge, then in the garbage).

Last, their signature dish, cheesecake, sucks. The gang's looking over 100 different variations of cheesecake: almond/raspberry/carmel and peanutbutter/cookiedough/whatever, etc...and I want to know if they just have cheesecake. They do, but I'm overruled. The cheesecakes that are delivered are, once again, gargantuan. These people just don't get it. A cheesecake is supposed to be a low, cool wedge of tangy creaminess, a sublime compliment to hot coffee. Instead we're treated to a whipped up excercise in sugar overkill.

Please go away Cheesecake Factory.........and take Olive Garden with you.

I really love that I work in a profession where no one talks to anyone else.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Is the Cheesecake factory a chain?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Yep, go up to the Greene in Dayton or Easton in Columbus.

Bring $100 bills. Lots of them.

I'm with Rojo.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Retired

There is one at Kenwood mall.

It's ok, but nothing special, and isn't worth the price.

Yes and a poor runner-up to Bob Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    There is one at Kenwood mall.

It's ok, but nothing special, and isn't worth the price.
    I don't do malls. They make me feel like I'm suffocating. And shopping is one of my top five favorite things to do, the other four of which currently escape me.

I had no idea this was a chain restaurant. Why are chains always the worst? Wait, that's a cylical question, isn't it?

FTR, I don't consider myself a foodie. I eat fast food once a week and hot dogs from stands but I just hate the crass overkill of their food. I can't enjoy myself because I'm worried about how much of this soulless food I can choke down.

Yes and a poor runner-up to Bob Evans.

Frankly, Frisch's might have them beat too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post

Frisch's is the same as Bob's Big Boy and Shoney's? I ask because I loved the fudge cake at Bob's. And the clam plate at HoJo's.

Frisch's is the same as Bob's Big Boy and Shoney's? I ask because I loved the fudge cake at Bob's. And the clam plate at HoJo's.
    Yes. Not sure if they are part of the same franchise system or not, but they are generally the same resturants.

This is what kills me about this restaurant being a chain. You're in San Francisco for crying out loud, there have got to be a dozen good and reasonably-priced places to eat on every block near where you work.

I will say this for the Olive Garden though: my old roommate's mother pointed out to her daughter once when she was complaining about going to the Olive Garden that it was the only place her teenage brother could eat as much as he wanted at a reasonable price (I guess it's all-you-can-eat, or maybe they have an all-you-can-eat night). It was a money-saving ventures for them for food that was mildly stomachable. This is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post

I secretly love Frisch's--and actively miss it.

Something infinitely charming about its blend of Morrison's Cafeteria oldster-ishness and its repudiation of the Cracker Barrel ethic. It's like the most clueless restaurant on the planet. I sympathize.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I don't think it's the same as Shoney's but in KY there are some Jerry's.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?