Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro Bowl BEFORE The Super Bowl This Year: Like It?

Pro Bowl BEFORE The Super Bowl This Year: Like It?

I think it will be a good change of pace. I wish it was on a Saturday night though.

" For the first time since 1980, the Pro Bowl will be played somewhere other than Honolulu. The annual contest between the AFC's and NFC's best will take place Sunday, Jan. 31, 2010 (7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN), at Dolphin Stadium in South Florida. "

http://www.nfl.com/probowl
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pro Bowl BEFORE The Super Bowl This Year: Like It?

It certainly can't hurt. I can never bring myself to watch the game as it has been, maybe this will make it more watchable. People will still be in "football mode".

Of course the downside is we won't see players from the Super Bowl team. But overall I think it will be a change for the positive.

I like it, and taking place in the same town is a nice touch as well
    Go Gators!

High five!

How about having it in the middle of the season instead of multiple bye weeks?

Oh, and winner gets homefield advantage in the Super Bowl!

Love it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    How about having it in the middle of the season instead of multiple bye weeks?

Oh, and winner gets homefield advantage in the Super Bowl!

"This time, it counts."

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

For a Level Playing Field

Before or after the Super Bowl.... I have no use for it. It is like watching grass grow or paint dry. Don't get me wrong, I love football. But that game is boring IMO. I feel the same about the All-Star Games for NHL, NBA and (god forbid) MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Before or after the Super Bowl.... I have no use for it. It is like watching grass grow or paint dry. Don't get me wrong, I love football. But that game is boring IMO. I feel the same about the All-Star Games for NHL, NBA and (god forbid) MLB.
    I agree, I'm not a fan of any of the all-star games. They are never played like an actual representation of their sport. And honestly, I'm not sure if we'd like it to be in football. Can you imagine, God forbid, Peyton Manning breaking his leg the week before the Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Yep. They're all a waste of time.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Are guys on Super Bowl teams even going to suit up? I can't imagine they take that chance.

We'll see how it goes. The old Honolulu after-the-season one seemed like a vestigial organ. This one fits into the flow of the season better. But the game is usually a non-entity. I can't remember any of the games since forever.

I'd say play touch football but some guy got his knee totally wiped out playing touch on the beach a few years back. So they'll play at 80%, dial back the blitzes and defense, and just cruise.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I agree, I'm not a fan of any of the all-star games. They are never played like an actual representation of their sport. And honestly, I'm not sure if we'd like it to be in football. Can you imagine, God forbid, Peyton Manning breaking his leg the week before the Super Bowl?
    Players on the Super Bowl teams won't play in the Pro Bowl.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Players on the Super Bowl teams won't play in the Pro Bowl.
    That's good for their teams, but also a bit unfair for them, don't you say? I'd honestly just rather have a named All-Pro team and leave it at that.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I like it. There is nothing else on, and it may break up the awful 2 week break before the Super Bowl and give the media something to talk about besides the back-up center of a Super Bowl team.

Sure. Get it over with.

I love the Bengals, and don't care about any other football games once the Bengals' season is over, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I like it. There is nothing else on, and it may break up the awful 2 week break before the Super Bowl and give the media something to talk about besides the back-up center of a Super Bowl team.
    That's the key for me. That break is brutal. The media picks a few talking points and beats them to death. While the game itself isn't the most entertaining thing, it will be a welcome distraction from the talking heads blathering on.

In years past, there was probably an atmosphere among pro-bowlers that the off-season had begun with the SB already having been played. This way the game is more connected to the season and we might see a more intense game.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Turn Off Ads?