Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...inston-accuser

Believe what you like. I think things are just a bit farther along than "crap" at this point. Winston may be innocent, but there is smoke at this point. Nothing more, nothing less...but certainly more than a fanatic's typing.
    From the article you linked
    "We are not surprised with the results of the DNA," he said, according to USA Today. "We voluntarily submitted to a DNA. The only thing we are surprised by is it was leaked out by law enforcement. The question the people should ask is, why is it being leaked? For what purpose?"
    A Gator fan in the office? Who knows, but I have yet to see a prosecutor comment on this, and specifically confirm this leak.

More
    "However, either the Tallahassee Police Department or Mr. Meggs' office has decided they're going to improperly leak evidence to the media. We are saddened to learn that someone has decided to leak evidence to the public before Mr. Meggs has had time to make a decision. The improperly leaked report, if true, has zero impact on Mr. Winston's defense, and Mr. Winston maintains his innocence."
    I hate the public witchhunts associated with these scenarios. Every nutcase with a keyboard and a mouse is a wanna be hero.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Certainly correct me if any of the below is not true.

We have the lawyer of a young woman saying she was raped by Jameis Winston. A rape kit was done and the DNA matches Winston.

To me, that swings the needle past the "crap" point.

Now, this could go all Duke lacrosse and the accuser is full of it, sure. But I'm not brushing things off as "crap" and somehow conflating things with wild internet rumors.

Nothing confirmed by actual law enforcement authorities. Look as a greedy Buckeye fan, I want nothing more than for Jameis Winston to be suspended so that the Kenyon Martin Effect, takes place. As an observer of college football, and sports in general, I have to believe that it is possible that some people are taking liberties with this story.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

[QUOTE=

I hate the public witchhunts associated with these scenarios. Every nutcase with a keyboard and a mouse is a wanna be hero.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts are the same.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...e-records-show

Winston seems like he needs to grow up some.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...e-records-show

Winston seems like he needs to grow up some.
    Actually the news media needs to work harder to find actual news stories to cover.

We're now talking about BBs and cola in ketchup cups.

This is becoming a joke.

BTW, AJ McCarron is not a legitimate Heisman candidate.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Those two incidents by themselves are really nothing, but I've seen posts from people around hueytown that indicates other behavior (not as bad as sexual assault) has been covered up as well. Simply based on what we know right now, it's really hard to buy into the whole "good kid" narrative that seemed to hold for a while.

Jojo seems like the kind of guy that would be the first one upset about BBs in his window....
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Those two incidents by themselves are really nothing, but I've seen posts from people around hueytown that indicates other behavior (not as bad as sexual assault) has been covered up as well. Simply based on what we know right now, it's really hard to buy into the whole "good kid" narrative that seemed to hold for a while.

Jojo seems like the kind of guy that would be the first one upset about BBs in his window....
    Jojo seems like the kind of guy who thinks ESPN has jumped the shark when they lead with cola in a ketchup cup. He also seems like the kind of guy who finds its surreal to see how pious Bama fans have become about QBs despite theirs being a man ***** with a one of the largest and stupidest tattoos in human history plastered across his chest.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    From the article you linked

I hate the public witchhunts associated with these scenarios. Every nutcase with a keyboard and a mouse is a wanna be hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oexak View Post
    My thoughts are the same.
    Same here. And I have a rooting interest in this fight.

The only thing I'm hoping for at this point is that someone credible comes out with the right information and makes the right decision whatever that decision might be.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Actually the news media needs to work harder to find actual news stories to cover.

We're now talking about BBs and cola in ketchup cups.

This is becoming a joke.

BTW, AJ McCarron is not a legitimate Heisman candidate.
    Shooting windows out with BB guns is pretty flipping stupid and dangerous. Might not kill anybody but you could seriously hurt someone and it also happens to be damaging property.

I think it's safe to say that if me and a few of my engineering buddies got caught doing something like that at UK the result would have been a little bit different than had it been Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Anthony Davis. Same goes for every major school everywhere, FSU included.

Stealing soda? Meh.
    Last edited by The Operator; 12-02-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

A decision has apparently been reached and a press conference will be held tomorrow at 2pm to announce (and presumably explain) the decision...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...s-winston-case
    Last edited by jojo; 12-04-2013 at 05:53 PM.

I can't imagine they'd announce a press conference the day before if they were going to arrest him, they'd just do it. Only makes sense if they are not pursuing criminal charges.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

14. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I can't imagine they'd announce a press conference the day before if they were going to arrest him, they'd just do it. Only makes sense if they are not pursuing criminal charges.
    I tend to think that the case will be closed but I doubt there is a worry that Winston would suddenly disappear. They could charge him and have a negotiated time for he and his lawyer to appear. The only thing I think is certain is that Winston and his lawyer already know what the prosecutor decided.

What are the odds that we'll actually have to wait until 2 pm to know the outcome?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    For a high-profile defendant like this, the "arrest" is more of an arrangement to turn himself in for processing. Likely, his attorneys will be made aware of the decision and the DA will coordinate with them where this is to happen if an indictment is issued.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    For a high-profile defendant like this, the "arrest" is more of an arrangement to turn himself in for processing. Likely, his attorneys will be made aware of the decision and the DA will coordinate with them where this is to happen if an indictment is issued.
    I can't imagine a prosecutor scheduling a press conference before a bail hearing/arraignment.

I guess it's possible... But...
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?