Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: White Death ver 2009.1

Re: White Death ver 2009.1

Coldest it's been in 20 years here, there is snow on the flowers outside my window

Tuesday
    High: 29°
    Low: 18°

Wednesday
    High: 39°
    Low: 32°

Thursday
    High: 34°
    Low: 22°

Friday
    High: 28°

Saturday
    High: 32°
    Low: 25°

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Coldest it's been in 20 years here, there is snow on the flowers outside my window

Tuesday
    High: 29°
    Low: 18°

Wednesday
    High: 39°
    Low: 32°

Thursday
    High: 34°

Friday
    High: 28°

Saturday
    High: 32°
    Low: 25°
    You've been reading the Portland, IN weather forecasts again, haven't you?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Its 73 and partly cloudy here in Northwest Florida.
    For GOD'S SAKE, stay indoors!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I counted eight vehicles off the road between 844 and the mile I travel on I-675. There were two more vehicles wrecked inside my apartment complex. It's a tad icy in the Dayton area. It also took me an hour to make my five minute commute.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I counted eight vehicles off the road between 844 and the mile I travel on I-675. There were two more vehicles wrecked inside my apartment complex. It's a tad icy in the Dayton area. It also took me an hour to make my five minute commute.
    I'm also in the Dayton area. It took me about 30 minutes longer than normal to get from east dayton back home to Vandalia. Luckily I heard about the issues on 75 and just took N. Dixie home. Needless to say, I saw 6 different accidents along the way. It iced over really fast.
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

A bit slick outside in Piqua, but not too terrible, really. My biggest entertainment coming home was watching a guy in what I can only assume was a 1-wheel drive get caught on a patch of ice about the size of my shoe.

Slippery as all get out here in Bloomington. I did fine...on my bike.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Days like today always make me appreciate the fact I own a home-based Internet business. No more miserable winter commutes for me.

I don't miss having to freeze my butt off on the way to work on these winter days.

I don't miss the morons who think they are immune to icy roads because they drive an SUV.

I don't miss the morons that drive 10 mph as soon as the first flake falls.

I don't miss using gallons of windshield washer fluid every week.

I don't miss driving to work in the dark at 8:00am and driving home in the dark at 5:00pm.

I just stay home in the Winter and wait for Spring and baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    60 and partly cloudy here in North Carolina.

I miss the cold
    Wow, I have never heard anyone actually ever say I miss the cold. Sure people say they miss the snow, but the cold? The cold? Wow. You sir (or madam to be safe) have a very differing opinion from my own.

It was 60 yesterday in Baltimore so I was running around outside in shorts and a tee shirt calling all of my friends(who mostly live in Michigan) and telling them I am experiencing a December without snow and how I love it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Emin3mShady07 View Post
    Wow, I have never heard anyone actually ever say I miss the cold. Sure people say they miss the snow, but the cold? The cold? Wow. You sir (or madam to be safe) have a very differing opinion from my own.

It was 60 yesterday in Baltimore so I was running around outside in shorts and a tee shirt calling all of my friends(who mostly live in Michigan) and telling them I am experiencing a December without snow and how I love it so much.
    You'll be home soon enough and I hear there's plenty of snow in Michigan...

In Charleston last week there was a report of 70 accidents due to the weather.... 40were drivers from Ohio, 15 from Kentucky, and the rest from Huntington. Seriously though people are morons when it comes to driving in inclimate weather.

Oh its just snow watch me kick the snows ass....
    *speeds up to 80*
    *starts to turn around a corner*
    *Begins the donut special (spin)*
    *Stops in a creek bed*
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    You've been reading the Portland, IN weather forecasts again, haven't you?
    My mom is from Portland, IN.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    You'll be home soon enough and I hear there's plenty of snow in Michigan...
    Great thanks for reminding me. The only plus about snow is you can play football in it with heavy coats on and snowpants and really have a good time, or snowbal wars, otherwise it kinda sucks...kills the grass, makes the roads more dangerous, causes shovelling related injuries, causes hypothermia, makes it hard to take little kids outside, people are more prone to getting sick, icicles could fall and hit you in the head - very dangerous, causes frost bite...I could go on forever...

Here's another one ...

Driving in to work on 75 this morning. It was a little slippery on the roads this morning. Not too bad, but there were some slick spots ... and everything was at least wet.

So what's that mean? Well I went down 75 about 10 miles watching a big rig 18-wheeler (Miller High Life trailer) tail everyone he was behind in the fast lane. Traffic wasn't flying down the highway given the conditions, but it was at least moving about 60-65mph. Guess that wasn't fast enough for the dude driving the big Miller High Life truck though.

There is stupidity, and then there is stupidity.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Emin3mShady07 View Post
    I grew up in Florida, I'm sick of warm weather and all the crud that comes with it
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?