Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The more I think about it..

The more I think about it..

The more I truely believe the Reds can find two arms out of Cueto, Bailey, Volquez, Belisle, Maloney, Fogg, and Affeldt to give them 4 solid starters and make them a true contender. It might take until mid July to know who can be consistantly good, but I believe two of the above arms can be good enough to make the Reds contenders.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The more I think about it..

I agree the Reds seem to have the talent to contend if it comes together we are not hoping for guys whom have had a couple tommy johns to come back amazingly.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Agreed Bearcat, agreed.

My money is on Belisle and Volquez

I think it'll be Cueto. I really believe that his stuff will be good enough to fool Major League Baseball for a year, and hopefully overpower some people like Lincecum did last year.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

part of BBN

I think it is within the realm of possiblity that a couple of these guys will excel this season.
    Alot of times we talk of guys like Bailey/Cueto saying they will struggle for a year or two which may happen or maybe , just maybe we will have one step forward this season. You never know.
    ST is the season for hope.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    I think it is within the realm of possiblity that a couple of these guys will excel this season.
    Alot of times we talk of guys like Bailey/Cueto saying they will struggle for a year or two which may happen or maybe , just maybe we will have one step forward this season. You never know.
    ST is the season for hope.

It could be Bailey or Cueto but watch out for Matt Belsile. A 13-10 record with a 4.2 ERA is not out of the question. He had some positives last year in his first year as a starter. He did make some dumb pitches at times but he has less than 40 career starts. I'm confident he learned and is ready to be a solid pitcher for the Reds.

I happen to like josh fogg. Last year he had 10 wins and an era of 4.94, which would have put him in 2nd and 3rd for the reds respectively.
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

Quote Originally Posted by reds2221 View Post
    I happen to like josh fogg. Last year he had 10 wins and an era of 4.94, which would have put him in 2nd and 3rd for the reds respectively.
    Josh Fogg is a solid fifth starter in my opinion.

I have a hard time not being optomistic about this reds pitching staff. If Dusty and the gang can get the bugs worked out and sent to Louisville early enough, there is no reason the Reds can't get into the postseason.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    Josh Fogg is a solid fifth starter in my opinion.
    right, I wasn't saying that he was our 2nd or 3rd man because of his stats (because he definatly isn't unless he has an amazing year), I was just comparing him to the rest of the starters from last year.
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

Turn Off Ads?