Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Season

Re: 2013 NBA Season

I just noticed that the Sixers had 17,000 in attendance when they broke their long losing streak. I think that's a pretty amazing number.

2. Likes:

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I just noticed that the Sixers had 17,000 in attendance when they broke their long losing streak. I think that's a pretty amazing number.
    Those numbers are always paid tickets, not "true" attendance. There could have been less than 7,000 actually there.

The Atlanta and Charlotte franchises for years routinely have watching the game one tenth to one sixth of their announced attendances
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

And the Twolves are officially eliminated from playoff contention yet again

There are going to be 4 awesome first round series in the Western Conference, no matter the matchups. I can't wait.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

And Dallas gets in. If Phoenix misses out, that would be something as they dominated at times nearly all of the top teams in the league.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Apparently Adam Silver is trying to take the MLB approach.

Come to the NBA straight out of high school and play in the D - League or attend college for three years.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Small market teams who end up in the lottery all the time can't be used as the minor league system for the more attractive Free Agent teams.

Conventional wisdom says that the top-four teams in the West advance. You just won't find a lot of people believing that the Clippers, Rockets, Spurs and Thunder won't advance. But, last year two of the Top-4 seeds failed to advance past the first round.

I think it's pretty likely that one lower-seed, if not two again, advance in the West through Round 1. Which two those are, I have no idea, though, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Golden State to defeat the Clippers in Round 1.

I still think the Pacers win it all, just as I did before the season began.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Conventional wisdom says that the top-four teams in the West advance. You just won't find a lot of people believing that the Clippers, Rockets, Spurs and Thunder won't advance. But, last year two of the Top-4 seeds failed to advance past the first round.

I think it's pretty likely that one lower-seed, if not two again, advance in the West through Round 1. Which two those are, I have no idea, though, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Golden State to defeat the Clippers in Round 1.

I still think the Pacers win it all, just as I did before the season began.
    Couldn't disagree more. Bogut is hurt for GS. The most likely round one upset in the west is Portland. They are 9-1 in their last ten and seem to have recovered from their midseason swoon. As for the Pacers, I do think they will make the ECF, but Hibbert has been unplayable for a few weeks. They are not deep enough to beat Miami and whoever comes out of the West.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. Bogut is hurt for GS. The most likely round one upset in the west is Portland. They are 9-1 in their last ten and seem to have recovered from their midseason swoon. As for the Pacers, I do think they will make the ECF, but Hibbert has been unplayable for a few weeks. They are not deep enough to beat Miami and whoever comes out of the West.
    I'll be in my seat for the games, but I don't see how they're going to be able to overcome the flops and foulshots that Harden will get during critical moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I'll be in my seat for the games, but I don't see how they're going to be able to overcome the flops and foulshots that Harden will get during critical moments.
    I wouldn't worry that much about Harden. He is actually a worse defender than Lillard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJ...be&app=desktop

Way to show up Pacers.

Blake Griffin definitely poured water on that Warriors fan on purpose.

http://notsportscenter.com/vine-blak...r-fouling-out/
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Stat geek...and proud

The Pacers are done. Even if they win this series, and they probably will anyway, they are done. This team is broken chemistry wise. A trade or coaching change must happen. I'd prefer a trade honestly. These guys can't play together. If I see a guy take a contested shot while a teammate has been standing wide open for 10 seconds ONE MORE TIME I'm going to punch something.

Yeah the mystery of the Pacers is weird. Maybe in 10 years we'll see a 30 for 30 about their season.

The Clippers vs. Warriors series is gonna be fun to watch. I hope it goes 7.

The Pacers are struggling but they will win

Turn Off Ads?