Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An idea for the mods

An idea for the mods

How about giving Josh a special forum all his own like the gamethreads or minor leagues gets-at least until everyone gets comfortable with the idea of him?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: An idea for the mods

It might help to separate the man-love from the discussion. I'm happy he's producing, but sometimes it seems to be over the top. Let's wait until he gets through the league once before anointing him the second coming of the Babe (though I hear he does have a helluva fastball ). Lots of guys have great Aprils and then regress into the back of their baseball cards. Just ask Chris Shelton who had 8 HRs this time last year. I have no reason to believe that Hamilton will do so, but there's also no good reason to believe he can keep up this torid pace for 150 more games.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited as the next guy, but it's all a little pre-mature in my mind. It's a great story and it's nice to have something to cheer for, but let's wait a few months before going crazy.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    How about giving Josh a special forum all his own like the gamethreads or minor leagues gets-at least until everyone gets comfortable with the idea of him?

Feeling grumpy about your spring training posts about him?

So we should open a forum so no one has to read about something positive happening for the Reds and everyone can get back to their cynical and at times incessant bashing of Junior, strikeouts, Narron, and 'The Trade'?

Sorry Josh is interrupting the 'fun' for everyone.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

That wasn't the point, I don't think. The point is that it's being over done. Every day there are more and more threads opened about the amazingness he exhibits on a nightly basis where the existing threads could be used just as easily to spew superlatives (which even Thom has proclaimed to be running out of).

I think you'll find that I don't particularly enjoy the incessant bashing either, but I also think a little perspective is in order.

-Pete Rose

Jojo's right...what's the difference between what he is saying and this thread?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56966

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Feeling grumpy about your spring training posts about him?
    Nope....they were dead on valid arguments
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I understand Rotnoid, I'm merely trying to get across that this board is about Reds discussion and while there are instances where enough is enough, there also has to be some balance between the two [positive and negative]. It's a Reds discussion board, but some new members might think its simply a Reds bashing board and I'm fairly certain the founders didn't exactly have that in mind when they shelled out for the original domain name.

Times will be good, and times will be bad, and there needs to be a balance and intelligent discussion that surrounds both of those times and not just skewed to one side. I think the Hamilton threads are simply the pendulum fighting to swing back from the extreme negatives this board has seen all to much of in recent times.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    That wasn't the point, I don't think. The point is that it's being over done.
    Oh please.

What ISN'T "over done" on this board? There isn't a single topic that doesn't get drug to the ground, beaten senseless, buried, dug up, and shot again.

And just so I'm clear: we're complaining about TOO MANY compliments being given to a player?

Give me a break.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    So we should open a forum so no one has to read about something positive happening for the Reds and everyone can get back to their cynical and at times incessant bashing of Junior, strikeouts, Narron, and 'The Trade'?

Sorry Josh is interrupting the 'fun' for everyone.
    Nope....we should open a forum so that the 6 differently titled yet overlapping threads about Josh have a better home.

Think about it....it could be the giddiest corner of the zone where cynacism would virtually be nonexistent....

think utopia..... just saying is all....

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Times will be good, and times will be bad, and there needs to be a balance and intelligent discussion that surrounds both of those times and not just skewed to one side. I think the Hamilton threads are simply the pendulum fighting to swing back from the extreme negatives this board has seen all to much of in recent times.
    I hope you're right. While my "born on date" says this year, I was a poster years ago (I'm guess before the crash) and left for that very reason. I couldn't take the negativity any more. I don't intend to be part of the wave of newbies that are making negativity the rule of the day, I love the Reds (as most of us here do) and hold on to hope until mathematically eliminated. I guess I'm just agreeing that there are times when enough is enough and we're quickly approaching that threshhold here.

-Pete Rose

Nope....we should open a forum so that the 6 differently titled yet overlapping threads about Josh have a better home.

Think about it....it could be the giddiest corner of the zone where cynacism would virtually be nonexistent....

think utopia..... just saying is all....
    I've got an idea too. Alas, we have rules that prevent me from expressing it. Only thing that separates us from the savages, rules are. Well, that and microbreweries.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Oh please.

What ISN'T "over done" on this board?
    Some might argue that the Reds cheerleaders don't get enough props on the zone....

Sure.

And while we're at it, let's also create forums for "Dunn's Ks", "Junior's Suckitude/Retirement Party", "Narron's Idiocy", "Our Bullpen is Crap", "Eric Milton's HR Fest", "Freel's Dirty Shirts" and "Narron Hates On EdE".

I'm sure there could be others, but while we're talking about segmenting the board, these are the ones I came up with off the top of my head.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Some might argue that the Reds cheerleaders don't get enough props on the zone....

The cheerleaders are the second best thing about sitting behind the home dugout.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?