Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. II

Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

There have been some bad Bengals team and some disapopinting Bengals teams. However, this is by far the most talented non-performing Bengals team I can remember.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    There have been some bad Bengals team and some disapopinting Bengals teams. However, this is by far the most talented non-performing Bengals team I can remember.
    And that's all on the coaches if you ask me.

Marvin has simply run his course IMO.

Now - the 1M$ question is: Would Mikey ever replace him with a competent coach? I have a bad feeling he would not.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

The problem is a good coach will want more control than Mike is probably willing to give up.

Last go round it was between Marvin and Tom Coughlin, and Coughlin wasn't picked because he wanted full control. Marvin wasn't a bad pick, the team at least left the 90s behind while he was HC, but just saying.

The way the defense is performing this year I'm starting to wonder if even Mike Brown would give it to Zimmer. I know they've had some bad injuries (Joseph being out lately is a massive blow) but I can't believe a unit could regress so much in just one year.

Everyone realizes there's at least a chance that Bratkowski is the next head coach, right? This is the Bengals we are talking about.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The problem is a good coach will want more control than Mike is probably willing to give up.

Last go round it was between Marvin and Tom Coughlin, and Coughlin wasn't picked because he wanted full control. Marvin wasn't a bad pick, the team at least left the 90s behind while he was HC, but just saying.

The way the defense is performing this year I'm starting to wonder if even Mike Brown would give it to Zimmer. I know they've had some bad injuries (Joseph being out lately is a massive blow) but I can't believe a unit could regress so much in just one year.

Everyone realizes there's at least a chance that Bratkowski is the next head coach, right? This is the Bengals we are talking about.
    You sure about this? I always heard that Mike Brown wanted Coughlin but was talked out of it by Katie Blackburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

If this happened (which it can't right? right?) even the diehard Bengal fans would turn their back on the organization. Anarchy would ensue.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    You sure about this? I always heard that Mike Brown wanted Coughlin but was talked out of it by Katie Blackburn.
    Coughlin may have been on the table at some point, but I think the last two candidates were Lewis and Mike Mularkey, who ended up flaming out with the Bills. MB wanted Mularkey and Katie wanted Lewis, or so the story went.

I was elated with the Lewis hire at the time, but it's obvious it's time for a change. And I certainly hope that neither Zimmer or Brat are considered for the HC job! None of the 31 other teams have considered Zimmer for their HC, so I would assume that that says something.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Coughlin was absolutely under serious consideration, but as was stated above, was eliminated when he made it clear the team needed to upgrade some of the processes that are in place.

This season really isn't surprising to me. Last season we went 10-6, but there were obvious red flags. The offense was undisciplined, and while the defense was fantastic, it played well above its head. Last year was, in essence, luck. They won a bunch of games they had no business winning.

This season is reality. The schedule is tough, and when the going gets tough, this team packs it in. Then you have Chad blabbering about "Well, considering the cards I've been dealt in the Bengals, I've done pretty well for myself." None of these guys are accountable. None of them look in the mirror. They're all out for themselves.

It's horribly depressing to see Carson Palmer going down with this ship. He could have been a great, and I mean GREAT, NFL QB.

This team, quite simply, is dead to me. I'll watch, but I no longer care. I'm apathetic. They simply don't matter anymore, nor will they for years. If they moved the team tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear.

As bad as the Reds were for a decade of my life, I never felt this way about them.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    This season is reality. The schedule is tough, and when the going gets tough, this team packs it in.
    The scary thing is that most of the easy games are in the rearview mirror. Cleveland, Tampa Bay and Miami should all be in the W column right now. With the exception of Cleveland and Buffalo, the rest of the schedule is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    This season really isn't surprising to me. Last season we went 10-6, but there were obvious red flags. The offense was undisciplined, and while the defense was fantastic, it played well above its head. Last year was, in essence, luck. They won a bunch of games they had no business winning.

This season is reality. The schedule is tough, and when the going gets tough, this team packs it in. Then you have Chad blabbering about "Well, considering the cards I've been dealt in the Bengals, I've done pretty well for myself." None of these guys are accountable. None of them look in the mirror. They're all out for themselves.

It's horribly depressing to see Carson Palmer going down with this ship. He could have been a great, and I mean GREAT, NFL QB.

This team, quite simply, is dead to me. I'll watch, but I no longer care. I'm apathetic. They simply don't matter anymore, nor will they for years. If they moved the team tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear.

As bad as the Reds were for a decade of my life, I never felt this way about them.
    I'll give you credit CinCrazy, you called the character issues dooming the team early. I'm still not sure I'd pin it to character as for the most part guys like TO and Chad have performed well, but there does seem to be a lack of accountability.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I think Lewis has lost control of this team.

If I hear the words "execution" and "adjustments" one more time, I think I'll scream. If the coaching staff doesn't have it right by now, it ain't ever going to happen.

Continued stupid little mistakes that continue to add up are the hallmark of a players not seriously listening to what the coaching staff says.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Coughlin may have been on the table at some point, but I think the last two candidates were Lewis and Mike Mularkey, who ended up flaming out with the Bills. MB wanted Mularkey and Katie wanted Lewis, or so the story went.

I was elated with the Lewis hire at the time, but it's obvious it's time for a change. And I certainly hope that neither Zimmer or Brat are considered for the HC job! None of the 31 other teams have considered Zimmer for their HC, so I would assume that that says something.
    I don't think it would be a terrible idea to consider Mularkey again. Sure, he flamed out in Buffalo, but that isn't an easy place to win. He has been pretty dang successful as OC at Pittsburgh and now Atlanta.

I think Gruden/Brian Schottenheimer would be good choices as well. I have never been a huge fan of Gruden, but being out of the league for a bit has probably revitalized him. Cowher, as well, obviously, (just because it would be pretty damn sweet beating Pitt. with him on OUR sidelines) but that's probably a pipe dream.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Yep, pretty much sums it up.

In a way it's kind of freeing. Not caring whether this team succeeds or not. Sure allows me to invest more in the things that are more constructive.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'll give you credit CinCrazy, you called the character issues dooming the team early. I'm still not sure I'd pin it to character as for the most part guys like TO and Chad have performed well, but there does seem to be a lack of accountability.
    In fairness to the players, I think we'd both agree that the lack of accountability runs all the way to the top. Starts with the Brown family and works its way down.

It's so frustrating. This team can never build on any positive momentum because it can't get out of its own way.

I wouldn't mind giving Zimmer a shot at head coach.

Coughlin is a terrible coach IMO

Turn Off Ads?