Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any EPL fans here?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Any EPL fans here?

Fulham's team gets better to watch each week. Players like Ruiz, Frei and Dembele would find themselves in a lot of teams in this league.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Fulham's team gets better to watch each week. Players like Ruiz, Frei and Dembele would find themselves in a lot of teams in this league.
    Fulham is great to watch. Plus, how can you not like a club that has an American themed pub named for Brian McBride?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I have been following Liverpool "Reds" since the 80's.
    Same here, and strictly because of the name Reds, by the way.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I love Dempsey, what a player. And I root for Fulham except against Arsenal cause guys like Eddie Johnson, Keller, McBride, Dempsey

I will be trying to catch a few Everton games for the next couple months too since Landon Donovan will be there. I go to a lot of LA Galaxy games and he is a pleasure to watch in person.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I will be trying to catch a few Everton games for the next couple months too since Landon Donovan will be there. I go to a lot of LA Galaxy games and he is a pleasure to watch in person.
    I met Landon a few years ago. What a nice guy...very warm and genuine in person.

I've been watching the EPL more and more over the last couple years...

I have no favorite teams, but I'm just agog at the skills of the players. Such quick accurate passes and their feet are like magnets for the ball. And such a feel for the pitch and spacing. And there doesn't seem to be as much diving as in WC soccer. Plus British crowds are very appreciative of the play.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Plus British crowds are very appreciative of the play.
    That has always been key to my enjoyment. I honestly prefer the style of play in Germany but the crowds in England are pure electricity. The matches seem more exciting than they really are simply because of the atmosphere and it makes them a blast to watch. If you get the chance watch a lower level contest (Championship, League One, etc.) and see just how passionate those fans are. It will knock your socks off. The clubs are also much friendlier to fans at that level. Bristol City allowed me to wander around their ground unsupervised when I was in town and won a fan for life!

Apparently Tim Howard just scored for Everton

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Looks like he needs to score another one quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I've been watching the EPL more and more over the last couple years...

I have no favorite teams, but I'm just agog at the skills of the players. Such quick accurate passes and their feet are like magnets for the ball. And such a feel for the pitch and spacing. And there doesn't seem to be as much diving as in WC soccer. Plus British crowds are very appreciative of the play.
    From what I've seen, British refs aren't afraid to card for simulation. I love the singing you hear from EPL fans. Even the weaker teams seem to have great fan support. I can't imagine an American sport where you would hear the crowd cheering and singing the whole game for a last place team like you hear for teams in the drop zone for EPL. My hope is to one day get back over there and catch a match in person.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Henry is officially back with Arsenal for the next two months. I think it's a good low risk move with Gervinho out at the same time.

Not EPL news but LA Galaxy defender Omar Gonzalez tore his ACL on his first day of training on his new loan deal with Nurenberg. Got tangled up with US defender Timmy Chandeler. Ugh. Huge blow for the Galaxy.

I'm glad to see Henry spending his twilight time at Arsenal. He's just never looked right in any other colors. Sort of like all of those Babe Ruth pictures in a Braves uniform.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    With an assist to the wind, but still pretty incredible.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Deuce had a hat trick today in the FA Cup. First of his career.

Turn Off Ads?