Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Watched Chasing 3,000 the other day about two boys epic cross country journey to see Roberto Clemente's 3000th hit. Entertaining.
    I have it.... haven't watched it yet though. Glad it was worth it. I was skeptical.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I went to see a documentary called "Buck" about a horse trainer and his life. It was very well done and I would highly recommend it.

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I went to see a documentary called "Buck" about a horse trainer and his life. It was very well done and I would highly recommend it.
    real life horse whisperer, i presume?

"patterns" terrific 1956 rod serling scripted film about greed and abuse of power in corporate america staring van heflin, everett sloane, wonderful ed begley and a young beatrice straight (who won an oscar for "network"). film based on serling's kraft tv theater production, which also starred sloane and begley. holds up very well today.
    teach tolerance.

[QUOTE=Sweetstop;2439891]real life horse whisperer, i presume?

QUOTE]

Sort of. He worked as an advisor on that film.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Watched Chasing 3,000 the other day about two boys epic cross country journey to see Roberto Clemente's 3000th hit. Entertaining.
    I DVR'd it and watched it last weekend. I liked it. It was better than I thought it would be. I don't want to give it away but I thought it had a somewhat surprising and good ending.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Not really a movie but I'll put it in this thread. I watched an HBO Documentary called the Curious Case of Curt Flood. I thought it was very well done. It goes over the life of Curt Flood and his battle with baseball over the reserve clause. It doesn't paint a pretty picture at all of Flood. He was very complex individual who had many demons of his own. Its worth your time if you can catch it on HBO.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Not really a movie but I'll put it in this thread. I watched an HBO Documentary called the Curious Case of Curt Flood. I thought it was very well done. It goes over the life of Curt Flood and his battle with baseball over the reserve clause. It doesn't paint a pretty picture at all of Flood. He was very complex individual who had many demons of his own. Its worth your time if you can catch it on HBO.
    I finished reading a book about him and he certainly had a lot of flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Saw a screening of "Captain America" last night. It is another very solid film in the line of Iron Man and Thor. If you enjoyed Cap's comic books, then you will love the film. There are some differences of course, but overall I thought the movie did a good job of bringing the comic to life.

Some parts of the movie were a bit too unbelievable, even for a super hero film. But the humor, action, heart and romance were all there. Hugo Weaving was very good as the Red Skull.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

La Dolce Vita

"cedar rapids" nice movie that gives ed helms the chance to shine with john c. reilly, anne heche, kurtwood smith, sigourney weaver..it made me smile at the end of the day.
    teach tolerance.

Hugo Weaving is an incredibly underrated actor. He deserves more parts; he plays the villain about as well as anybody in Hollywood right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    "cedar rapids" nice movie that gives ed helms the chance to shine with john c. reilly, anne heche, kurtwood smith, sigourney weaver..it made me smile at the end of the day.
    I'm looking forward to getting a hold of that one...

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Saw another screener last night, this time "Crazy Stupid Love" with Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore and Emma Stone. I really enjoyed its mix of humor and serious moments. It also has one of the funniest/craziest scenes that I've seen since the dinner in "The Birdcage". Great cast, even beyond the headliners.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Captain America was worth every minute of the 28 years I waited for the movie since I started reading comics.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Saw Captain America -- thought it was really solid, though not really getting up there with the "best" comic book movies of recent memory (Dark Knight, Iron Man). There were lots of little bits in the movie that I just loved, and I thought the pace was very well done.

What kept it from being really great was the lame idea to remove the Nazis from the equation and fight the "Hydra" group that Red Skull was fighting. I was kinda looking forward to watching Captain America beat the crap out of Nazis, and it felt like a bit of a cop-out to go with a bunch of germans shouting "Heil Hydra" instead of "Heil Hitler!"

The only other minor quibble I had was with some of the supernatural stuff they shoehorned in. I would've rather the movie stayed grounded, like Iron Man, in the psuedo-science reality (where we all understand that the Iron Man suit is beyond any real technology, but it's plausibly beyond it -- not "powered by magical stones" or whatever).

Solid B/B+ from me.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Captain America--good flick....Evans does a good job...the British lady is easy on the eyes....loved the Avengers teaser.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Captain America--good flick....Evans does a good job...the British lady is easy on the eyes....loved the Avengers teaser.
    Other than Iron Man and TDK it was definably the best comic book movie put out so far.

And yes, the trailer for the Avengers... Freaking sweet. Even had Thor in his ultimate gear....

Nice tag line to. Some Assembly required.

Turn Off Ads?