Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

Re: Ludwick injury - dislocated shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Tough game, but we'll be fine.

On the bright side, our leadoff hitter looked legit. I don't know the last time that this would have been a true statement.
    And the pitching was as solid as ever. Can't blame Hoover and, whatever the POV on that, everyone that preceded him rocked it.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

2. Turn Off Ads?

Unfortunately the manager was still the same. Still cannot fathom how he thought it was a good idea to bunt with his #2 batter, thus taking the bat out of the best hitter in baseball.

Absolutely fireable offense

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Unfortunately the manager was still the same. Still cannot fathom how he thought it was a good idea to bunt with his #2 batter, thus taking the bat out of the best hitter in baseball.

Yeah, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

5. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-02-2013),redsmetz (04-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yeah, no.
    Yeah, Yeah. Taking the bat out of the best hitter in baseball is absolute insanity.

The decision to retain Dusty Baker will end up being the root cause for the 2010-2016 Cincinnati Reds not winning a thing.

Was it a bad decision? Yes. Was it a fireable offense? No. Can a manager make a "fireable offense" in an April game? Not likely.

And when the Reds lose in the playoffs because or even miss the playoffs because of Dusty Baker, you let me know. We're 3 years into your timeline, and you can't make an argument that's happened.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

8. Likes:

Screwball (04-02-2013)

I'd guess that over half the managers in MLB would do the same thing in the same situation.

Don't bunt - You need a hit by either Phillips or Votto to score the run.

Bunt - You need Heisey to just make decent contact to score a run.

I would hope that the odds are higher that Heisey makes contact than that either Votto or Phillips get a hit.

Also, bunting eliminates a double play, which Phillips seems to lead the world in.

One can disagree with the move, but it actually was a good play based on the odds.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Yeah, Yeah. Taking the bat out of the best hitter in baseball is absolute insanity.

The decision to retain Dusty Baker will end up being the root cause for the 2010-2016 Cincinnati Reds not winning a thing.
    They have already won two divisions championships. There are two new banners flying over GABP since Dusty was hired.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

11. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I'd guess that over half the managers in MLB would do the same thing in the same situation.

Don't bunt - You need a hit by either Phillips or Votto to score the run.

Bunt - You need Heisey to just make decent contact to score a run.

I would hope that the odds are higher that Heisey makes contact than that either Votto or Phillips get a hit.

Also, bunting eliminates a double play, which Phillips seems to lead the world in.

One can disagree with the move, but it actually was a good play based on the odds.
    False. Not one Manager in baseball would voluntarily take the bat out of Joey Votto's hands except for one

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    They have already won two divisions championships. There are two new banners flying over GABP since Dusty was hired.
    Well, if your ultimate goal for the Reds is to just make the playoffs, then Dusty is your guy!

Well, if your ultimate goal for the Reds is to just make the playoffs, then Dusty is your guy!
    And explain to me how either of the exists were his fault. Was he supposed to hit in Game 3? Was it his fault Cueto got hurt in Game 1 causing Leake to pitch game 4? Is it his fault Latos melted down after getting squeezed and nobody could get a hit with RISP?

Was it his fault we got swept by the Phillies?

Maybe with a better manager last year we would have been able to afford losing Joey Votto and actually play better while he was out? Oh you mean we did that under Dusty? Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    And explain to me how either of the exists were his fault. Was he supposed to hit in Game 3? Was it his fault Cueto got hurt in Game 1 causing Leake to pitch game 4? Is it his fault Latos melted down after getting squeezed and nobody could get a hit with RISP?

Was it his fault we got swept by the Phillies?

Maybe with a better manager last year we would have been able to afford losing Joey Votto and actually play better while he was out? Oh you mean we did that under Dusty? Oh.
    Kept Latos in incredibly too long in Game 5.
    Kept Paul in to pinch hit against Affeldt in the 7th with Frazier sitting on the bench

Kept Latos in incredibly too long in Game 5.
    Kept Paul in to pinch hit against Affeldt in the 7th with Frazier sitting on the bench
    This is incredible. The players are literally never to blame, are they?

The Reds played a 12 inning game today and had 3 hits. THREE hits in 12 innings. They didn't have a single run scoring hit. Do we blame the players? Nah, it's Dusty's fault!

Pretty sure Votto had a guy on 3rd with less than 2 outs at one point tonight and failed to get him home. I say we spend 5 pages discussing that.

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-02-2013),bigredmechanism (04-02-2013),Brisco (04-02-2013),Caveman Techie (04-02-2013),edabbs44 (04-02-2013),LexRedsFan (04-03-2013),OGB (04-02-2013),RadfordVA (04-02-2013),redsmetz (04-02-2013),Scrap Irony (04-02-2013),wlf WV (04-02-2013)

I'm not a huge Dusty guy but to rip him this bad after 1 of 162 games is silly in my opinion. Dusty made that decision to bunt and instead of needing a hit to win the game the Reds were in a situation where a now four year player just needed to make decent contact and the Reds win the game. An argument can absolutely be made for Phillips to hit but the percentages probably slightly lean towards Dustys decision, actually. It's fine. The Reds have a good team.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

19. Likes:

Caveman Techie (04-02-2013),REDREAD (04-02-2013),Revering4Blue (04-02-2013)

I disagree...With the pitching we have, we will win when we develop a more consistent offense. Right now, our offense is Votto & Choo. The rest of our lineup are average hitters at best, with some below average.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    I'm not a huge Dusty guy but to rip him this bad after 1 of 162 games is silly in my opinion. Dusty made that decision to bunt and instead of needing a hit to win the game the Reds were in a situation where a now four year player just needed to make decent contact and the Reds win the game. An argument can absolutely be made for Phillips to hit but the percentages probably slightly lean towards Dustys decision, actually. It's fine. The Reds have a good team.
    The problem is, is that the exact same problems that plagued the 2012 Reds have already reared their ugly heads in 2013.

It's obvious no progress has been made with certain players, and taking the bat out of your players that actually give you a chance to score runs is ridiculous.

Turn Off Ads?