Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your 2008 NFL MVP: Peyton Manning!

Re: Your 2008 NFL MVP: Peyton Manning!

The Chargers are just Indy's cryptonite team.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Just blowing off steam. I just think the officials decided the game instead of letting the players decide it thats all.
    The Colts lost the game by not getting a first down at the 2:00 Minute Warning.

The Difference in the game was the punters IMO. SD had the field position advantage the whole game because their punter was awesome and the Colts' punter was awful. If not for that, I think the Colts win in regulation in a walk.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    The Chargers are just Indy's cryptonite team.
    And the Patriots and Steelers. As a Colts fan its disappointing but we are in the play-offs every year and win 12 games seemingly every year but the first round flame outs just get old.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    The Colts lost the game by not getting a first down at the 2:00 Minute Warning.

The Difference in the game was the punters IMO. SD had the field position advantage the whole game because their punter was awesome and the Colts' punter was awful. If not for that, I think the Colts win in regulation in a walk.
    I think that sums up the game pretty well. Sproels did a great job in place of LT as well.

Rem

In regards to Rivers, I agree that sometimes you have to wonder where his head is at (i.e., the Cutler incedent) but he'll always rank above Eli Manning for me. Manning, with his incistance that he wouldn't play in S.D, gets my vote as most arrogant player.

Rem

I submit Adrian Peterson for MVP - he carried the Vikes offense this year.

Just blowing off steam. I just think the officials decided the game instead of letting the players decide it thats all.
    Especially on the "holding" call for that receiver. It might have been a slight hold, but I don't think it impacted the play considering Rivers was about to be sacked and just kinda tossed it up. I thought it should have been a 'no call' but oh well. I kinda felt robbed at the end of that game.

Rivers gets a bad rap because of the Cutler incident. He is very competive and is a team first player. Played the AFC championship game against the Patriots with a torn anterior cruciate ligament

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...-cutler-a-punk

A little detail on the Cutler incident.

Now I didn't watch the game but I've read a lot of complaints about that holding call.
    To clarify, defensive holding is if the receiver is held before the pass, so whether the receiver could have caught the ball or not is immaterial.

If he's held after the pass it's pass interference.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Stat geek...and proud

Looked like it could have actually been PI. I didn't have a problem with the call. They were throwing ticky-tack flags all game, so you've gotta call it there.

Regarding the SD Indy game. Enough can not be said about how important Sproles was to that SD win, he was a beast. That guy is a sparkplug, exciting player to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Looked like it could have actually been PI. I didn't have a problem with the call. They were throwing ticky-tack flags all game, so you've gotta call it there.
    9 penalties against the Colts and 3 against the Bolts.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

9 penalties against the Colts and 3 against the Bolts.
    Guess the Colts should not break the rules so much.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Guess the Colts should not break the rules so much.
    True dat.

Turn Off Ads?