Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Bedard going to Mariners

Looks like Bedard going to Mariners

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Looks like Bedard going to Mariners

I think we all expected this. As soon as the Reds refused to trade Bruce, we were out of the running. I will be interested to see how much of their farm system Seattle give up, and whether or not they are able to sign him to a LTC.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

USA Today is reporting the same. They are saying Adam Jones is flying to Baltimore for a physical on Monday . "Jones said he's been told the deal is done...." http://fantasybaseball.usatoday.com/...rt=MLB&id=3449

What is the rest of the deal.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    What is the rest of the deal.
    I went to the Orioles Hangout and Seattle Times and neither of those two know at this point for sure other than Adam Jones is the centerpiece. They are guessing it's a 4 for 1 trade.

Expect the Orioles to demand the cream of the Mariners farm system: Adam Jones, Brandon Morrow, Chris Tillman, and Carlos Triunfel. There may be other names involved, but I would expect most if not all of these to be involved in the trade. We will see how my crystal ball is tomorrow.:fineprint
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 01-27-2008 at 09:24 PM.

It really wished the Reds would have pulled a deal off for Bedard.They improved slightly this off season.The owner ship keeps saying they want to win now but doesnt do enough to prove it.I would have traded any 3 or 4 players not named Bruce for Bedard.When the Reds signed Cordero it made me smile and think they would do something(rather than sign a reliever to start for a team with only 2 starters)to win,like sign or trade for a legit 2 or 3 starter.I am really dissapointed the Reds didnt get a pitcher.I believe they could have put together better packages for Bedard and Haren without adding Bruce to the trade.This just shows me that Mr.Bob isnt ready to win just yet.So get ready to watch another team finish with 75 wins this year and no post season,again.But I really hope they prove me wrong.I would at least like to see them start 2 of Bailey,Volquez,or Cueto but thats not going to happen with Belisle still here.

Baltimore wanted Bruce from reports and refused to talk about anything else unless it was pretty much every major league ready talent in our farm.

There simply were were not any #2s available in free agency; maybe not any #3s either. Teams were asking for all of a team's best prospects in trade for quality starters. We did pull of a trade for a talented young pitching prospect, and signed Affeldt as insurance for the young kids. It may be that that was the best decision Krivsky could make; we will find out in a couple of years.

I look at it this way, we chose to keep a future MVP talent guy in bruce, a future number 1 talent in Bailey, a future number 2 talent in Cueto and a future all star 1st base talent in Votto instead of adding 2 years of a pitcher coming off a year that really doesnt match his career numbers and has had injury problems already at age 29.

Senor Votto

I really wish the Reds could've gotten him. A rotation looking like this would be amazing:

Harang
    Bedard
    Arroyo
    Belisle
    Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I really wish the Reds could've gotten him. A rotation looking like this would be amazing:

Harang
    Bedard
    Arroyo
    Belisle
    Bailey
    Odds are Bailey wouldnt be on this team if they got bedard

MacPhail now denies that there is a trade: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...,5598077.story

Adam Jones must be a liar

Old Red Guard Reject

mlbtraderumors update:

UPDATE, 1-27-08 at 8:45pm: A high-ranking Orioles official told the Baltimore Sun that a trade has not been completed. Meanwhile MLB.com's Jim Street believes the Ms will send Jones, Sherrill, Chris Tillman, and a minor leaguer for Bedard.

All I can figure is that the O's have serious man love for Jones. Votto, Stubbs, Burton/Bray would be a better deal for the O's IMO. Not that it was offered, but the first rumors of Bailey/Cueto AND Votto + would be significantly better.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Turn Off Ads?