2008 - 21,601

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2013 Reds Home Attendance Tracker

Game 5: 34,762

Running total:
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    23,795 for the day game on 4/4 (home game 3), which wrapped up the series with the Angels, taking the season attendance to 102,220.

Attendance for the series was (obviously) 102,220.

Average attendance for the season stands at 34,073.
    Those are BRM numbers, right there. I remember distinctly in the 70s at games hearing attendance numbers in the 35K range. Going to games was so much fun; you always thought your team was in the game. I'm not saying they can keep up those figures, but mad props to Castellini for bringing that kind of excitement back to town.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I don't think the Reds will keep up these numbers all year. It certainly helps that it was the loaded Angels here on opening week followed by the loaded Nationals. I went out of my way to be sure to get to a game in the Angels series to see Mike Trout. I am sure plenty of other people did as well (perhaps not just him, but the big three hitters they have). Let's see how they are looking when the Pirates come to town a few times. Tomorrow should be good though. Cueto and Strasburg? 35,000 isn't out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Game 5: 34,762

Running total:
    Running total is 165,094.

Average per game through 5 games is 33,019.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I don't think the Reds will keep up these numbers all year. It certainly helps that it was the loaded Angels here on opening week followed by the loaded Nationals. I went out of my way to be sure to get to a game in the Angels series to see Mike Trout. I am sure plenty of other people did as well (perhaps not just him, but the big three hitters they have). Let's see how they are looking when the Pirates come to town a few times. Tomorrow should be good though. Cueto and Strasburg? 35,000 isn't out of the question.
    I go to games to see the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    So do I. But I can also see the Reds 81 times a year. When is the next time I am going to get a chance to see Mike Trout play in person? It might not be until the All-Star game is here in Cincinnati.

But let's call a spade a spade, the casual fans are coming in sometimes because of who the Reds are playing, not just because the Reds are playing. When superstars are here, attendance is going to be higher. The Tigers are in town and Justin Verlander isn't pitching? Not going to be as high as if they are in town and he is pitching. Johnny Cueto and Stephen Strasburg in the same game? That is something you might want to tell your kids you saw or take your kids to so they can tell their kids that they saw. Johnny Cueto vs Luke Hochevar might make you decide to watch the game at home and go later in the week.

9. Likes:

Cincy Baseball (04-07-2013)

Good post, Doug. Pretty much summarizes why I went to see part of the Angels/Reds series. I would usually wait and go when it's warmer but I really wanted to see Trout. I don't think I'm alone, even amongst us "diehards." (I'd qualify myself as a diehard obviously.)

The biggest thing is winning. If they win, the fans will come.

12. Likes:

Banshee Beat (04-07-2013)

Reds just over 32,000 today. C Trent just retweeted this, and I think it is part of the reason the numbers seem lower than expected with the match up.

Ticket prices were a little brutal. I can’t do bleachers and that was only thing avail for under $25!

This new dynamic pricing could come into play a little bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Reds just over 32,000 today. C Trent just retweeted this, and I think it is part of the reason the numbers seem lower than expected with the match up.

Ticket prices were a little brutal. I can’t do bleachers and that was only thing avail for under $25!

This new dynamic pricing could come into play a little bit too.
    Yep, the dynamic pricing is tricky especially when it competes with StubHub and the like. I think people were over selling the impact of Cueto v Strasburg. I don't know what the breakdown is of pre bought tix vs walkup but I don't think you'd get more than 5K -10K walkup no matter what the matchup.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Yep, the dynamic pricing is tricky especially when it competes with StubHub and the like. I think people were over selling the impact of Cueto v Strasburg. I don't know what the breakdown is of pre bought tix vs walkup but I don't think you'd get more than 5K -10K walkup no matter what the matchup.
    Unless it's a sellout/bobblehead type game you can almost always get in under face value on Stubhub. Got a 28 dollar ticket for 21 for the third Angels game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Of course, but I also pick and choose which games to attend based on the opponent. That's how my dad used to do it too, when I was a kid. If we had a chance to attend a game against Hank Aaron or Willie Mays a few times a year, we were there. I'm sure a lot of fans who aren't season ticket holders do it this way as well.

Game 6 (Sunday vs. Nationals): 32,514

Running total: 197,608

Per game average: 32,934
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I don't think this year is a fluke. Attendance through six games is the highest it has ever been at GABP by over 4,000 fans per game!

Reds Attendance Through Six Games:
    2013 - 32,933
    2012 - 27,141
    2011 - 25,802
    2010 - 27,112
    2009 - 23,132
    2008 - 22,674
    2007 - 23,569
    2006 - 23,779
    2005 - 27,595
    2004 - 27,769
    2003 - 28,883 (First year at GABP)