Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is Welsh doing color on radio?

Is Welsh doing color on radio?

Is this true when Brantley does tv?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Is Welsh doing color on radio?

sadly with the cowbody and thom doing tv sometimes marty has no partner for the radio. This would have been filled by joe. So they have to call in welsh. Im sure they will go out and find someone else to let Welsh have his days offs.

I like Welsh. He should stay on always with Marty when the Cowboy is doing tv.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    sadly with the cowbody and thom doing tv sometimes marty has no partner for the radio. This would have been filled by joe. So they have to call in welsh. Im sure they will go out and find someone else to let Welsh have his days offs.
    He'll still get days off when you have George and Thom/Jeff on TV and Marty and Thom/Jeff on radio

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

It appears that the Creeper (Chris Welsh) has been tabbed to fill the void left by Nuxy's passing. Obviously, Joe had done just a few games the past few years, so the additional radio responsibility shouldn't tax Chris too much. He does a very good job, even on the pbp--I remember he did this a few years ago and did a credible job. He's a little rushed at times, but meshes well with Marty--though it does seem Marty is quieter when Chris is in the booth. I am amazed how much I keep knocking Marty's boy down a notch with each addition--I would rather hear Chris with Marty than Thom....Thom ranks next to last on my list of the Reds broadcasters (sorry, Mr. Grande, you are the weakest link).

part of BBN

In a tv related question, todays game is televised, right?
    Yet I thought I seen where fox had their first game of the week today.
    I thought teams couldnt broadcast their games unless they started at 5 or 6 in the afternoon when there was national games of fox? Has that rule changed.
    Glad it's televised, just curious on the fox thing ?

I was shocked as well when I heard today's game is televised--didnt know until last nite. I think the change may have something to do with the fact Fox games of the week now air at 3:30 pm instead of 1pm as in earlier years.....

I really like Marty and Thom together.

I really hate Thom and Jeff together.

I really like Chris, but I don't think I have heard him with Marty yet.

Chris was doing the game with Marty on Wednesday for EE's walk-off. It was a really nice change of pace and showed off Welsh's broadcasting talents which are usually overshadowed by George's complete ineptitude.

I personally enjoy the Cowboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fazio View Post
    I like Welsh. He should stay on always with Marty when the Cowboy is doing tv.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I dont like Marty and Thom together---Thom seems like he has to antagonize the old man and out shout him.....I like Thom and Jeff together.....I like Marty and Chris together

I love listening to Marty and Jeff together....they are the closest to Marty and Joe...

Turn Off Ads?