Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

A little more insight from a Bengals Blog:

http://bengalsinsider.blogspot.com/
    Palmer angry with Mike Brown!
    Chris Mortensen and Adam Scheffter of ESPN, have both been reporting that Carson Palmer is demanding a trade and that he is willing to retire if he doesn't get one. We've been on the phone with our contacts inside the Bengals front office all afternoon. Here's what we've found out for sure:

While Carson has not spoken with the team directly since the end of the season, his agent, David Dunn has been. He has talked with Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis about the direction of the team and changes that he thinks are needed. We are told that #1 on the list was a new offensive coordinator. When Dunn was informed that Bratkowski would be returning for 2011 and that only a possible consultant would be brought in, Palmer became infuriated at the unwillingness to make changes. While he has not technically demanded a trade, he has instructed Dunn to ask the Bengals to explore trade opportunities. Our sources say that they have heard nothing about a possible retirement, but everyone in the building is very aware of Carson's displeasure with Mike Brown at the moment.

We will stay on top of this situation and have more for you as we get trustworthy information!
    Can't say I blame the guy, we all want changes and if there not made many of us including Palmer will be jumping off this sinking ship.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Where is Bratkowski during all of this? He's been in Cincinnati for 10 years now and with the exception of one year, the offense hasn't been good. Now his own players are calling for his head. Cedric Benson, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Carson Palmer, and even his boss, Marvin Lewis, all want him gone. Obviously the only thing preventing him being gone is Mike Brown. But what about Brat himself? You'd think that he might just consider resigning due to this mess (it's amazing how quickly this has escalated to epic proportions now, isn't it?). I mean, if you held a job that's in the public spotlight, and EVERYBODY is criticizing you, wouldn't you contemplate resigning? Geez Brat, take some personal responsibility and axe yourself.

Carson Palmer's failures have been a product of himself and the organization he plays for.

-An organization that uses its own coaches as head of a scouting dept.
    -An organization that wont fire an OC who is known widely throughout the league as one of the worst
    -An organization that allows too many bad locker room guys to stick around and gives too many guys second,third, and 4th chances when no one else would
    -He has been surrounded by a clown who he cant trust to be in the right spot at WR. (love chad tho but want to watch him in a different uniform aswell)
    -A team that for 4-5 years now has failed to find an efficient pass blocking offensive line
    -A team that resigns a coach w/ a losing record coming off 4-12 and is routinely one of the highest penalized teams.

-Palmer should have gotten tommy john surgery
    -Carson Palmer, a QB that presses too much when the game is not in control. He doesnt avoid pressure well, he forces throws, he is missing throws to wide open guys, and has had many delay of game penalties. Inconsistency is his problem.

-A change of scenery at an organization like SF is exactly what he needs. Its not gonna make him 2005 Palmer who was an MVP candidate, but I think he has shown in the distant past that when everything was going right he can be an efficient QB. He can regain credibility as a top 12-14 QB atleast.

-Im Glad Palmer is doing this. I think its the only thing saving his career. Some may say he has no right to do this b/c they say what has he done. But what has this organization done for him? Back when Lewis was hired in 2003 things were supposed to be different, this was supposed to be an improving organization. Its 2011 and nothing has changed. And he has the power to demand a trade because there is a want for him. I wish him nothing but the best. I really do feel sorry for the next QB that comes here.

Oh and this is no guarantee either. 3 years ago Ocho demanded a trade very vehemently and Brown did nothing. I think its a better than good chance Brown just says "ok, retire i dare you, im not trading you" In which case I hope palmer holds out the whole season. If their not gonna work for me, he shouldnt work for them.

End Rant/

Its always good to find a scapegoat. This all appears like everyone deserves each other, yet the OC is the problem. Riiggggghhhhht!
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Is Carson good enough to pull a power play like this?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I don't think there's any way for us to really know how much Carson's struggles are his vs the system/coach.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    If hes serious then it doesn't matter since the Bengals don't have anyone behind him that is good enough to start.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    A little more insight from a Bengals Blog:

http://bengalsinsider.blogspot.com/
    Palmer angry with Mike Brown!
    Chris Mortensen and Adam Scheffter of ESPN, have both been reporting that Carson Palmer is demanding a trade and that he is willing to retire if he doesn't get one. We've been on the phone with our contacts inside the Bengals front office all afternoon. Here's what we've found out for sure:

Can't say I blame the guy, we all want changes and if there not made many of us including Palmer will be jumping off this sinking ship.
    I do think this is a plausible explanation. I was hoping Marvin could bring about change, now let's see if Carson can fare better. If he muscles some change out of MB that no one else can, he'll be a hero before ever playing another game.

How dense can MB really be if his coach, RB and QB are all willing to quit unless he fired the OC? I get MB being leery about such a change with the impending lockout but hey, we can't have a mass mutiny

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    we can't have a mass mutiny
    While you are 100% correct, I fear that it is in Mikey's nature to fight when he is backed into a corner. If Brat is retained, Marvin really should just resign. I think it would be the best move for his career.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    If hes serious then it doesn't matter since the Bengals don't have anyone behind him that is good enough to start.
    But if Carson retires then the Bengals are off the hook for all of his salary, that to me is the best case scenario for Mike Brown.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

You sign a contract, you honor it. Mike Brown is terrible but you play out your deal.

Palmer hasn't been lights out, how would he like it Brown said quit or we're not paying you?

These guys are babies.

But if Carson retires then the Bengals are off the hook for all of his salary, that to me is the best case scenario for Mike Brown.
    They get off the hook for whats left, but they also don't get any draft picks and will likely have to reach for a QB at #4.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    They get off the hook for whats left, but they also don't get any draft picks and will likely have to reach for a QB at #4.
    Or they could trade for a guy like Tyler Thigpen, Alex Smith or Mark Bulger and go 1-15 and draft Andrew Luck in next years draft. The Bengals are bad with Carson so they can be bad without him.

as long as teams are interested then yes. and there are definitly some teams w/ QB problems that would be interested

Or they could trade for a guy like Tyler Thigpen, Alex Smith or Mark Bulger and go 1-15 and draft Andrew Luck in next years draft. The Bengals are bad with Carson so they can be bad without him.
    If the plan is to go 1-15 so you can draft Luck then you can do that without trading for one of those guys.

Turn Off Ads?