Turn Off Ads?

Thread: camisadelgolf's Newest Brilliant Idea

camisadelgolf's Newest Brilliant Idea

Okay, this one might be a little difficult to pull off, but it might be worth the effort . . .

When I click on the downward-pointing arrow, it takes me to the newest post that I haven't seen. This is great and saves me some a lot of time and effort from searching for the spot where I left off after viewing a thread.

But what if there were a place to click that would automatically click these arrows for the threads in which I've posted? The reason I ask is because, honestly, these are the only threads I care about.

For example, I click on said button, and as a result, I would hypothetically have about five-to-ten tabs open up. As often as I frequent the site (which is very often), this would save me a lot of time when browsing the site. Don't get me wrong; it's not that I'm in a hurry to get away from the site. It's just that I am, believe it or not, somewhat busy. Well, actually, here's the real reason I like my idea . . .

My girlfriend is very angry with me for how I often I'm on the site. I'd imagine that a lot of our spouses are. So what do you think? Is this a possibility? Are our relationships worth the effort to make this happen? And if not, does someone know if there's a Greasemonkey script already available that could do this for me?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: camisadelgolf's Newest Brilliant Idea

That's functionality that's built in to vBulletin and what you're requesting isn't something that's offered without coding changes to the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    That's functionality that's built in to vBulletin and what you're requesting isn't something that's offered without coding changes to the software.
    So how big of a donation to RedsZone are we talking for you to get started?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    So how big of a donation to RedsZone are we talking for you to get started?
    I don't come up with coding changes myself - if there's an add-on available that documents the changes that need to be made, I'll do it if it makes sense for the site, but I've never seen anything similar to what you're requesting.

Hmmm . . . I guess I'll start searching through Greasemonkey scripts. I'll post here if I find anything. Thank you for the quick correspondence.

Turn Off Ads?