Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

The first thread hit 1000 posts, so let's get this one started for the next few months of the season.

2. Likes:

MikeThierry (06-16-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Dear Mike Thierry. Since I cannot quote the previously closed thread....

I did Not pull anything out of my butt. It was an observation made after reading posts on other boards, Cardinals...even just regular MLB boards.
    When you started posting here I had no problem with you and defended you a few times when it seems people were piling on, when you were merely asking innocuous questions or posts. The only time I gave you a hard time...was when you said you were a Yankee fan as well. Now where do you get off asking me what I pulled out of my butt?

I have seen people Go at you worse than me, but yet you got a problem...with me?? pointing something out and not accusing you of doing it.
    Sorry I do not have a bunch of stats to show you or give you samples of what I was talking about. I imagine though you were a Cowboy fan as well?

5. Likes:

remdog (06-17-2013)

Pirates win 6-3. That club has some impressive young arms.

Apparently Jason Grilli is suddenly the second coming of Mariano Rivera.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Speaking of Mo, he, David Robertson, and CC Sabathia are very close to costing the Yankees a 6-0 lead in the 9th. Now 6-5 with the bases loaded and Pujols (0-3 on the day) up.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Pujols struck out on 3 pitches, game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Dear Mike Thierry. Since I cannot quote the previously closed thread....

I did Not pull anything out of my butt. It was an observation made after reading posts on other boards, Cardinals...even just regular MLB boards.
    When you started posting here I had no problem with you and defended you a few times when it seems people were piling on, when you were merely asking innocuous questions or posts. The only time I gave you a hard time...was when you said you were a Yankee fan as well. Now where do you get off asking me what I pulled out of my butt?

I have seen people Go at you worse than me, but yet you got a problem...with me?? pointing something out and not accusing you of doing it.
    Sorry I do not have a bunch of stats to show you or give you samples of what I was talking about. I imagine though you were a Cowboy fan as well?
    Hi. The site features a wonderful thing called private messaging

Mike, I was refering to the 2 days of whining from the team over the Votto game ending call. They were still badgering that ump the next night. Your crew is geting sore loseritis again. Must be the ghost of Managers past showing up.

And it is ironic every time you act surprised that Reds fans view the actions of their primary rival in a negative light
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

12. Likes:

remdog (06-17-2013)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Pirates have run differential of only +18, well below the Reds, and exceptionally behind the Cards.

They has a ways to go to convince they are in the race to stay.

But Liriano has pitched well, and if Cole is indeed ready, they certainly have a better chance than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Pirates have run differential of only +18, well below the Reds, and exceptionally behind the Cards.

They has a ways to go to convince they are in the race to stay.

But Liriano has pitched well, and if Cole is indeed ready, they certainly have a better chance than last year.
    I agree with this. But, interestingly, only six teams in the NL have a positive run differential this year.

Haunted by walks

The best record in the rest of MLB would be good for fourth in the NL Central right now.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Mike, I was refering to the 2 days of whining from the team over the Votto game ending call. They were still badgering that ump the next night. Your crew is geting sore loseritis again. Must be the ghost of Managers past showing up.

And it is ironic every time you act surprised that Reds fans view the actions of their primary rival in a negative light
    Wait... so asking the umpire to get help from the home plate umpire on the play was whining? That's all Matheny asked the umpire to do and he refused to do so. The reason why the next night he was being badgered is because his strike zone was all over the place and there was no consistency for both the Reds and the Cardinals. You act as though this stuff only happens to the Cardinals when every team or coach disputes calls.

It's not that I'm surprised that Reds fans view the actions of their primary rival in a negative light. What surprises me, because it seems it's on a middle school/high school mentality sort of level, is the things some of you tend to bicker over. Rather than focus on major, legitimate things that could be questioned, you tend to focus on things that every club does (ie, argue a disputed call) and correlate that with whining. It makes some of you look rather petty and silly to be honest.

And Tony, I'm no apologizing. You are pulling stuff out of your butt on this one. I went to the other boards and maybe there were one or two threads on the subject, nothing spectacular or overblown. One or two threads in a forum does not equal an entire fan base complaining about something. If I were to take the same stance you are taking, then everyone in Reds nation wants Dusty Baker fired going by what I've seen here. However, I'm not going to judge a fan base based on one or two threads, like you seem to be doing. All I ask is enough with this middle school stuff and I'm finished with this conversation. If you want to talk more, send me a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Wait... so asking the umpire to get help from the home plate umpire on the play was whining? That's all Matheny asked the umpire to do and he refused to do so. The reason why the next night he was being badgered is because his strike zone was all over the place and there was no consistency for both the Reds and the Cardinals. You act as though this stuff only happens to the Cardinals when every team or coach disputes calls.

It's not that I'm surprised that Reds fans view the actions of their primary rival in a negative light. What surprises me, because it seems it's on a middle school/high school mentality sort of level, is the things some of you tend to bicker over. Rather than focus on major, legitimate things that could be questioned, you tend to focus on things that every club does (ie, argue a disputed call) and correlate that with whining. It makes some of you look rather petty and silly to be honest.

And Tony, I'm no apologizing. You are pulling stuff out of your butt on this one. I went to the other boards and maybe there were one or two threads on the subject, nothing spectacular or overblown. One or two threads in a forum does not equal an entire fan base complaining about something. If I were to take the same stance you are taking, then everyone in Reds nation wants Dusty Baker fired going by what I've seen here. However, I'm not going to judge a fan base based on one or two threads, like you seem to be doing. All I ask is enough with this middle school stuff and I'm finished with this conversation. If you want to talk more, send me a private message.
    Not getting any sympathy here. Close calls, bad calls, I hope they all go against the Cards. Every last one. Now, I have to go to the office. I forgot my locker combination.
    Last edited by traderumor; 06-16-2013 at 09:07 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post

You realize that all of this started years ago, when the Cardinals really did whine about everything, from balls rubbed the wrong way, to fireworks going off, to a pitcher's own fielder not wearing tne right glove, and is more of a running joke than anything. And it will continue for some time now. It's a well deserved reputation that will takes years to fade away.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

19. Likes:

remdog (06-17-2013)

I've previously asked that these threads not turn in to more Reds/Cardinals bickering matches - they're for discussion about the MLB games of the day. If you want to ignore my second warning, that's up to you, but I hope you understand you will not receive a third.

21. Likes:

Raisor (06-16-2013),SirFelixCat (06-17-2013)

Turn Off Ads?