Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Re: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    All the luck going the Cards' way early. They get a bloop hit with 2 outs to start a 4-run inning. Paul blasts one up the middle and it lands it Lynn's glove.

Anyone got a gun? Oh wait, I got some.
    Yeah those two ropes for doubles and a HR were complete luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    What part of what I said isn't true? It will be a miracle if the Reds can somehow grab the top WC spot. Sorry if you don't like my post, yours aren't very good either.
    Mike Leake has been fantastic this year. He has one bad inning -- jumpstarted by bad luck -- and you bring up some petty theft from 2 years ago? That's why he (and others, myself included) didn't care for your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I appreciate the declaration. Now that I know this, I can go attend to other things.
    You really can. If this was the last couple years I would tell you to stay tuned. This year you can go ahead and move up your tee time. Cards score double digits today.

Aaaaand the Reds go down in order.

I have a feeling we're going to see a complete hack-fest from the Reds today.

This thread has attracted some real crowd-pleasers today.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I'm not following you...I thought this was a Reds message board?
    "RedsZone was built upon the idea that members would have an opportunity to discuss their team by making intelligent posts in an environment that was free from the type of nastiness that became commonplace at Cincinnati.com."
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Mike Leake has been fantastic this year. He has one bad inning -- jumpstarted by bad luck -- and you bring up some petty theft from 2 years ago? That's why he (and others, myself included) didn't care for your post.
    Like I care?
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yeah those two ropes for doubles and a HR were complete luck.
    Try and pay attention. With two outs, a bloop hit fell in. That should have been the third out. Then the 4 runs ensued.

Are you caught up now?

I love how fans are so quick to jump on Mike Leake -- who has been lights-out good all year. Save for one inning today, which was aided by ... wait for it ... luck.
    Last edited by Blitz Dorsey; 08-04-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

You have to find a stat that justifies your frustration.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Man, you're way off. Redszone is a place for people to discuss communism. The former Soviet Union, Red China, etc.

12. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-04-2013)

4 runs in the first isn't "game over" worthy, but if the Reds have 1-2-3 innings all day and Lynn has a pitch count in the 60s in the 5th inning...then it's a lost cause.

didn't think X was going to catch that at all
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

It wouldn't matter who the Reds throw at the Cardinals. Apparently they've decided they're the most clutch hitting team in the history of the game. Just look at their 2-out averages, BA w/RISP, etc. They defy common sense.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

16. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (08-04-2013),Tom Servo (08-04-2013)

You are pretty out of line. Coming from me that is pretty bad.

I realize you're dense but at times you take it to the next level. Try and pay attention. With two outs, a bloop hit fell in. That should have been the third out. Then the 4 runs ensued.

Are you caught up now? Did I talk slow enough for you?

I love how fans are so quick to jump on Mike Leake -- who has been lights-out good all year. Save for one inning today, which was aided by ... wait for it ... luck.
    So let me follow this. If magically the bloop hit is caught, that somehow means the next 3 guys wouldn't have hit ropes?

The first inning wasn't bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?